The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

MIDI 5.0 supported’ … lol :cheeky:

1 Like

Dang it. Seeing Behringer make an April Fools advertisement them uncontrollably endearing to me.

I haven’t seen a good April Fools ad.

Granted the Roll and Dock doesn’t come close to Moog’s Poly Thermin ad- but at least they’re partaking in the ceremony. :heart:

3 Likes

There are four new photos of the Proton at Behringer FB. The thing looks absolutely killer to me.

Two of the photos are of the circuit board, front and back. It is pretty stuffed with components, plus it’s a six layer boards, so nobody tell me they don’t engineer.

In one of the comments someone makes a general suggestion that they should do a third semi-modular in the Neutron, Proton series. I like what Behringer says. “Sure, make a proposal.

5 Likes

I’ve heard people do amazing things with the timbre wolf. If there’d be an actual desktop version of it, I’d be genuinely interested.

1 Like

Feedback? Yeah they look like an almost exact copy of the moogs. Is that enough feedback.

Almost an exact copy? Awesome! Depending on how it turns out, can’t wait to buy one. If I do, I’ll add my feedback here.

1 Like

Damn it! I don’t need another synth :joy: But I do need this synth.

As always I’ll relegate my B purchases to ones that they do a really good job on. Hopefully in 2023, NGNY and all (Note to self: finish Analog Potamento circuit design for MS-101).

1 Like

do you really like that idea? does anyone on this forum…?

The total amount of purchasing power on this forum is a tiny, insignificant, fraction of a drop of the actual moderately priced synth buying consumers that Behringer or most companies tailor their products for.

The overwhelming majority of their customers will never find this forum, or even want to in the first place. They are at home all over the globe having fun with their gear jamming away in their bedrooms before dinner or having to go to work in the morning. They don’t care about trends, what others are using, which genre of music is hip this week, or what some rando on an Internet forum thinks of their gear.

And yes, I believe there are people here on this forum that think another synth in that format is a good idea. There are many on this forum that own and like the Neutron synth and would probably welcome another decent sounding, affordable piece to match.

1 Like

( I assume you mean consulting your customer on a design… But maybe you’re asking a different question. )

As a new product developer, i ask my customers what they want, all the time. So i think it’s a natural thing.

My best ( most successful ) products came from that interaction.

2 Likes

Neutron, Proton and… Elektron?

5 Likes

:bell::bell::bell:

I even gave the three together a name.

By the way my chemistry is wrong, that is actually a Deuterium !

2 Likes

That shit was pretty knarly. Thanks for the video.

Behringer is teasing some new unnamed product, showing a circuit board.

It appears a drum machine, that uses inductors, so the thought is something from the 1970’s.

Perhaps a CR-78 ? But if so than quite a bit has been changed on it.

There are ten individual outs and it appears some CV inputs in the upper right as well as MIDI.

Any thoughts ?

2 Likes

:upside_down_face:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Looks a bit like an O Coast Desktop.

Syntakt

1 Like

The only thought I have is that I’ve never seen a 17-step sequencer before. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes