The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

Woah I didn’t know about this. Prototypes look interesting, real wood? I would rather get something innovative than a clone in 2022.

But depending on cost (any ideas?), quality, and faithfulness to the original, this will be on my radar.

3 Likes

Rush cover band bass players will not be satiated …

one vital section missing :wink:

og video fyi

2 Likes

I gotta admit I’m pretty excited about the sudden burst of new stuff being anounced by Behringer but this one I’m really anxious to hear a demo of. I already have a “poor man’s Moog Taurus” (Minitaur controlled by Roland PK-5A) and I’m a big prog rock nerd so bands that I like used instruments like the Taurus but I’m ready to see/hear how close B got to the famous bass of the original Taurus.

3 Likes

…it will come as close as it’s logo…to the original…

my otb days are coming to an end, i’m afraid…

It’s kinda cool but… Who asked for this? Is there even a market for the Moog Taurus? There must be or else this wouldn’t exist but I can’t imagine how Behringer are going to cover the cost of R&D with this one.

Any way possible we wouldn’t always get yet another new topic for each B product? Since these aren’t even in production yet. Now we have, what, five new B threads within a couple of days.

Don’t worry, I know how to mute a thread.

3 Likes

Muting like a pro :joy::ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

But they will be. Keep I mind there are threads on gear with only a potential name.

Tidy Beringer topics are easier to manage than amorphous ones which will deteriorate into tired rhetoric otherwise. There are topics for the politics of it too, these are for folk in some way interested in the gear at hand. Muting works well I find, that’s your best option if it’s irking you.

2 Likes

It’s a very mild annoyance, I’ll get over it. Just don’t see the point of this many ”announcements”, especially in the current situation when saying ”ready once chips are available” can mean just about any timeline. I think it’s only one step further from their usual prototype/placeholder marketing.

But I don’t mean to start a discussion on the politics of it here. Already muted the new B threads, so problem solved.

3 Likes

Behringer Toro or Töörö?

Damn, Behringer is teasing new products like it was 2019, neat!

I still have a Fatar MP-1 ( foot pedal keyboard ) so perhaps i might pair it with Toro.

I had no idea, looking at Reverb, the Moog Taurus – later models used – runs like $5000+ ! Even the older ones are very expensive. Someone must be buying this.

1 Like

The Behringer Proton

They cloned and improved their own Neutron.

From their Facebook page :

• Paraphonic mode allows both oscillators to be independently controlled for multi-timbral sounds

• Semi-modular design requires no patching for immediate performance

• Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs

• Dual oscillators with 5 waveforms, oscillator sync, pulse width modulation and individual sub-oscillators

• Oscillator waveform control blends seamlessly between 5 shapes (tone mod, pulse, sawtooth, triangle and sine)

• 2 self-oscillating, multi-mode VCFs can be configured in parallel or series with linkable CVs

• 2 ASR envelopes with reverse/inverse/loop/bounce options to control VCAs and wave folder

• 2 analog ADSR generators for modulating the VCFs for unique sound performance

• Multi-mode wave folder adds rich harmonic content and massive flexibility to the LFOs

• 2 flexible LFOs with 5 waveforms, MIDI clock sync, key sync, phase and depth controls

• Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation

• External audio can be summed into one or both VCFs to massively enhance sound generation

• Utility functions include attenuverters, multiples, signal/CV mixer and summer for creative patching

• External audio input with level control and soft clipping circuit for processing external sound sources

• 64 patch points for advanced modular connection and integration with external equipment

• 68 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters

• Complete Eurorack solution –main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case

• Comprehensive MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection

14 Likes

Just playing with my neutron last night thinking how amazing it is and now this, wavefolder, utilities, oh my goodness :scream:

299$ holy smokes that’s a grest deal.

1 Like

The Neutron has always held some appeal for me so this is interesting.
Delay gone or do my eyes deceive me?

1 Like

Looks like it to me, although I wasn’t the biggest fan of that delay.

1 Like

Still looks like a dog’s dinner.

17 Likes

Still getting my arms around all the detail.

Looks more an alternative to rather than a replacement for the Neutron. They don’t call it Neutron II. It’s in the same family but different. You could decide to own both.

You’ll have to explain this one to me, I don’t get it.