The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

I think its mostly like guitars. Every guitarist i know never hesitated to buy more expensive brands like Gibson, Fender, Rickenbacker etc even if you can find good copies that are way cheaper than the real thing.

2 Likes

My $100 fender acoustic sounded and played as good as my bottom line $600 Martin. Of course the fenders bridge ripped off 15 years later and the Martin is still wonderful.

…do you know of a rickenbacker knockoff that’s just as good?

Cause I’m all ears man lol. A Rick bass is my dream bass but dropping $2200 on one is just insane to me

So it’s been a year and a month since Hiroaki Nishijima started working for Behringer, reportedly to lead, with others, their push into original ‘flagship’ electronic music gear. This is a relatively short amount of time for this sort of a product, but no doubt they are some way along. I’ve not heard anything specific yet, but look forward to something new sometime soonish. Good to think this might be a family of products.

2 Likes

SynthAnatomy reports about a tease from Behringer for a two voice synth with built in sequencer, which they think reminiscent of an old Oberhein synth from 1975. It looks like this maybe a looser interpretation, rather than an outright clone per se, although there is definitely some resemblance to the Oberheim Two-Voice.

Behringer RS-9 Eurorack Drum Machine

This is only a concept at the moment. It’s intended as a Eurorack version of the RD-9. It’s too soon to know for sure but the idea is to sell this for $150.

You can read more in this article in SynthAnatomy.

Could someone please bump this thread i’ve hit my three post limit.

2 Likes

Sure, bumped!

1 Like

This is highly speculative, it’s only a concept (a well thought out one) and it was submitted to Behringer and doesn’t originate from them, though Behringer has responded positively to the concept.

The creator describes it as a morphing analog polysynth. They call it the Positron 16. While it’s rather much a full boat design — it has basically everything — i think it sets a nice direction for an original design Behringer flagship.

Read more about it here:
Heinakroon — Positron 16

2 Likes
2 Likes

Behringer to unveil a new product in 4 days.

BRAINS !?

Do you know what this is ?

Hardware ? Software ?

My guess it’s their new FREE DAW.

Or a groove box?

1 Like

My money is on this being the rumoured Behringer Jam.

oh good. i can never get enough condiments

I cant read BRAINS in capitals without hearing it in a zombie voice.

7 Likes

Those waveforms look like fm, maybe a cycles clone?

Yeah, I think too on this way. The countdown sounds like a Vowel and speech synthesis model from Plaits, and the main lead sounds like a Waveshaping oscillator model.
In other hand, I found so much similitudes on the icons appear in video with the Plaits model’s icons.

Anyway, I hope a new product, even if it’s based on Plaits, more than another clone of eurorack Plaits or microfreak clon… :confused:

1 Like

Behringer DS-80

Behringer put out a Facebook post about the work they are making to copy the CS-80, work done by John Price an engineer with specialization in analog audio electronics at Midas.

It’s worth reading the original Facebook post.

2 Likes

I just discovered this:

Music Tribe has applied for the trademark POLYTOUCH in February of this year. Medeli has the same trademark, from May of 2020. The Medeli Keybed PolyTouch is used by their subsidiary ASM in their Poly-Aftertouch Hydrasynth Keyboard.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page.

It would be a very strong move if Behringer really does develop their own Poly-Aftertouch Keybed.

Behringer posted a prototype picture a long time ago for an poly aftertouch keybed. Been looking forward to atleast 5 octave poly aftertouch keyboard. I make do with the Hydrasynth, but it was really nice to have 76 keys on the Roland A50 keyboard i have.

You’re right thomaso – this is from August 2019:

ADDED: Worth noting this was all a month before ASM announced their HS.