The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

heh, bertumi is here

Baths was an upgrade, design-wise. But this one is ugly as f.

1 Like

Grayscale could do wonders here, but I suspect they might not want to

Looks absolutely fine.

1 Like

I’ve asked before but any word on the grandmother clone lately?

1 Like

And the God damn Syncussion that was supposedly ready for manufacturing back in January of 2022.

2 Likes

I have a question regarding the Syncussion.

Will it have “dynamic triggers” ? I know the Michigan Synth Works Syncussion does, though i am not sure it is part of the original Pearl version.

I think a couple ( or more ) Behringer Syncussions together with the new Crosspatch Triggerpad ( post ) would make an great drum machine.

1 Like

I’m not too familiar with Dynamic Triggers, is that the ability to trigger the syncussion with something lower than 5v?

The B prototype does have trigger inputs (1/8), and midi.

Great idea on the Crosspatch. I do plan on getting at the very least two of them and placing them next to my two DFAMs for some really crazy perc/drum sounds. Typing this is making me even more eager for them.

2 Likes

Digging a little deeper, it looks like dynamic triggering is built in to the original Pearl Syncussion. That was made for being triggered by physical drum triggers, which output different voltage levels depending how hard they are hit. In the Syncussion’s case that affects both amplitude and timbre of the drum sound created. So that means the Behringer version should too.

3 Likes

4 Likes

if i could find one in stock i’d buy it today

2 Likes

Has anybody mentioned that?

And here is a much bigger image for those that want to see the details.

7 Likes

$250 is a steal if it’s really executed well but for this one you definitely have to factor in another $35 or so for the oversynth overlay lol

3 Likes

I’m ready to pre-order the Shai-Hulud overlay.

5 Likes

Somehow it didn’t even occur to me that Behringer would complete the Boog Eurorack trilogy. The original third member is such an eccentric and unusual instrument.

4 Likes

I’m still waiting for the Moog Grandmother clone. I sold my Grandmother for a Matriarch, and have regretted it ever since.

3 Likes

Was wondering how long it would be till they got to the 3rd piece of the puzzle.

Bless the Maker and His water.
Bless the coming and going of Him.
May His passage cleanse the world.
May He keep the world for His people.

3 Likes

That’s honestly an instant buy for me. I’d really lusted for the subH for ages, but it seems like such an odd instrument and something that doesn’t always fit into a mix. To me, it would be an ambient noodler, which is very hard to justify the cost of (in terms of my finances, at least). At this price nooot so hesitant :smiley:

I’m very pleased they chose to go with a toned down red instead of the screaming colors. I guess it’s great they create a niche market for the people making overlays.

4 Likes

I had a subharmonicon but got rid of it because it just didn’t sound very good. For a Moog, the oscillators were a bit weak. Perhaps this could even be an improvement in that regard.

3 Likes

What didn’t you like, just curious? (I have a Grandmother not a Matriarch)

I miss the directness. After a couple of weeks I could quickly find most sounds I wanted on the GM. The Matriarch has too much control, and I still find it hard to dial in.

Also, the delay is great as a sound-design tool, but the overall volume level drops when you use it. And the polyphony isn’t as useful as I thought it would be. I play melodies most of the time.

2 Likes