The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

Sounds promising.

I saw this overlay for the Dual-Phase that looked fun :

Except for the blue switches.

From the Behringer Facebook page today, it looks like a Jupiter-8 recreation is in progress.

3 Likes

Is that a keyboard version? Have they said what other polys they are planning for a desktop module format other than the pro-800?

I have only seen that desktop version last years, so I don’t think they will release a keyboard version, but who knows.

2 Likes

Behringer is taking feedback on the redesign of their VS-80.

This is their first design :

This is similar to the original.

And this is their proposed change :

This new design uses a mod-matrix to direct the modulation connections and they feel this improves the interface and makes to instrument easier and more functional.

They’re seriously pushing their design of this which is good to see.

And there is the ribbon controller too.

8 Likes

Yeah I’m glad to see it’s progressing. I’m really looking forward to this one being born

Out of interest do you know where these current synths are being developed? I know they had a team working out of Midas here in the UK but I’ve also seen references to a German development team too? Obv I’ve no preference over one or the other, simply interested (although I confess I’d secretly love it if these were still being designed here in Manchester!)

1 Like

Judging from the list of developers they have shown, i’d say that design is distributed. Makes total sense today. Why try to hire and move people around, when they can live where they want and communicate on all the cooperative engineering functions. I might even presume, that many of the lead engineers are brought in on a project basis, being paid well to focus on what they are most knowledgable on. Then following that, that engineering gets turned over to corporate employed engineers for further development, and then beyond that to manufacturing engineers. That last is a step missed by many, and is a central part to getting high quality at a low cost. And those engineers have a lot of work to bring together the parts from all the other design engineers.

So Gilles ( Kobol, Polykobol ) i believe works in France. Bob Keeble is in the UK somewhere. There is definitely the Midas group, and the engineers at TC Electronic, Klark Teknik, Cool Audio, and at the German HQ. And there is Vladimir Kuzmin ( Polivoks ) working wherever he is, hopefully outside of Russia. And Hiroaki Nishijima, does he work from Japan ? Where is GliGli based ? And where is the engineer based that did all the great work on the Solina ? There are manufacturing engineers in the Philippines, and in China too.

1 Like
4 Likes

Well, this one just sounds fantastic imo, damnnn.

3 Likes

Game over.

Does anyone here have any news on the Behringer Enigma regarding release date?
Quite stoked to try it at least.

The release date is ‘enigmatic’ much like all the other hardware they’ve teased recently.

The Japanese Nikkei newspaper reported this week that semiconductor shortages are likely to last until at least fall 2023 and some companies predict supply won’t normalize until 2024. Not sure if this applies to the music industry, but made me think that we may have another year of synths being delayed. :confused:

That’s great news for gas control.

3 Likes

It’s all about chip shortage, the RD-8 MKII was released way after the 2600. Not even Behringer can cope with the chip situation and they are making large volumes of every synth they release. And most of the released stuff is still available and they need chips so.

3 Likes

RD8Mk2 and TD3MO are reissues, I don’t even take into consideration as new releases.
Fact: the chip shortage catastrophe started in 2020: that is no surprise, my cat knows about it too, but Uli still continue to announce gear like nothing happened.

That’s the point

He’s floundering, he can’t do it, but he’s trying, in any case, to draw attention to his company. Think for a moment: This is an insult to common sense

Eventually this blow off and they will start to release the synths. It’s not more to it than that. And if he’s trying to draw attention to his company meanwhile, who cares?

1 Like

Behringer is too quick to tell people what they are working on. Thats the biggest issue. And they do this to draw attention to themselves. But the time they spend on getting a product released isnt necessarily longer than everybody else. Moog spent over 5 years to get the One to marked.

Behringer does a lot of shitty things they need to be called out for. But long release times can happen to several companies. How long did people wait for the Osmose? And that was a pre-order situation and people actually paid a part up front.

1 Like