The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

I searched for websites that says “available now”, but couldn’t find any. Where did you read this?

This isn’t what was written though … it states :

it is completed and being shipped from the factory, so will be available soon for pre-order from the retailers

Try not to throw provocative phrases like ‘fake news’ around, especially not spuriously

5 Likes

Okay, let’s assume this isn’t Uli’s usual lie, let’s pretend what they say is true.
The real information of this adv is: “distributors, we are ready to ship!”
I believe that, in order to notify 4 distributors, sending an email was enough: why make such a noise knowing that we still have to wait several months before buying?
I thought Uli had learned his lesson: actually not

I think that’ll live on in infamy for years to come.

Nothing wrong with that either. The rush to be first is not always worth it so maybe it’s a good lesson.

I would love a solid clone. Not a fan of that video either. I’ll hold off judgment until additional demos are made available. I doubt I’ll get a change to demo in person so I hope there’s some variety and maybe even comparisons to the original.

1 Like

Same here.

Not sure if this new batch differs from the original batch in name only, but the pedal sounds a bit nicer on a Minimoog.

I have the real reissue MicronTron III, which sounds great and I love, and the Behringer Octave Divider.

The Octave Divider sounds pretty good and is solid. It was one of those pedals that there is no way I could pay the price from the official reissue, as it’s just not an effect I use enough, so the clone is a good match for me. I’m in the same camp with the Dual Phase. I have always been interested in the Bi-Phase (mostly due to Lee Perry), but it’s probably something I would use sparingly so could only really justify a clone of some sort. So far though, none of the videos have really convinced me that the sound is something I really need, particular since I have a bunch of phasers. There is a bass player (from Germany?) that makes great videos on Mutron stuff. I hope he does a video, but he might have a relationship with Mutron so might not want to jeopardize that.

2 Likes

Behringer has been talking about now getting access to some chips, so they are in process of producing a few more products on their list.

For instance :

And they are also still working on new products too. For instance :

This may be part of a Juno 60 keyboard recreation. Or maybe something else.

1 Like

Oh you mean the Deepmind :pig_nose:?

Look like the pro 800 is on it’s way out for 2023. Quite cheap 600$

2 Likes

Sounds promising.

I saw this overlay for the Dual-Phase that looked fun :

Except for the blue switches.

From the Behringer Facebook page today, it looks like a Jupiter-8 recreation is in progress.

3 Likes

Is that a keyboard version? Have they said what other polys they are planning for a desktop module format other than the pro-800?

I have only seen that desktop version last years, so I don’t think they will release a keyboard version, but who knows.

2 Likes

Behringer is taking feedback on the redesign of their VS-80.

This is their first design :

This is similar to the original.

And this is their proposed change :

This new design uses a mod-matrix to direct the modulation connections and they feel this improves the interface and makes to instrument easier and more functional.

They’re seriously pushing their design of this which is good to see.

And there is the ribbon controller too.

8 Likes

Yeah I’m glad to see it’s progressing. I’m really looking forward to this one being born

Out of interest do you know where these current synths are being developed? I know they had a team working out of Midas here in the UK but I’ve also seen references to a German development team too? Obv I’ve no preference over one or the other, simply interested (although I confess I’d secretly love it if these were still being designed here in Manchester!)

1 Like

Judging from the list of developers they have shown, i’d say that design is distributed. Makes total sense today. Why try to hire and move people around, when they can live where they want and communicate on all the cooperative engineering functions. I might even presume, that many of the lead engineers are brought in on a project basis, being paid well to focus on what they are most knowledgable on. Then following that, that engineering gets turned over to corporate employed engineers for further development, and then beyond that to manufacturing engineers. That last is a step missed by many, and is a central part to getting high quality at a low cost. And those engineers have a lot of work to bring together the parts from all the other design engineers.

So Gilles ( Kobol, Polykobol ) i believe works in France. Bob Keeble is in the UK somewhere. There is definitely the Midas group, and the engineers at TC Electronic, Klark Teknik, Cool Audio, and at the German HQ. And there is Vladimir Kuzmin ( Polivoks ) working wherever he is, hopefully outside of Russia. And Hiroaki Nishijima, does he work from Japan ? Where is GliGli based ? And where is the engineer based that did all the great work on the Solina ? There are manufacturing engineers in the Philippines, and in China too.

1 Like
4 Likes

Well, this one just sounds fantastic imo, damnnn.

3 Likes

Game over.