The Behringer era

While that might be true, the rest of it bothers me, threatening libel to people publicly and through PM’s on Gearslutz and taking a member of DSI staff to court is kind of sad., It’s not necessary. It also sends a message to other music blogs that if they have an opinion other than the one he wants then he will take action, why should they support that?

2 Likes

If that’s all true it’s grade A tool stuff and as good a reason as any to not want to put money in his pocket

midifan is more than a blog. it really is the bible for electronic music in china, sort of on a par with the RA website, but it’s delivered using wechat, which is sort of like a combined twitter/whatsapp.

Here’s a brief overview of the case, the rest can probably be found by checking uli’s post history on Gearslutz https://unicourt.com/case/ca-sfc-music-group-commercial-bm-ltd-vs-tony-karavidas-et-al-475421

All this has put me right off picking up a Neutron.

Question: do people consider buying these items used as contributing to the problem or does one avoid guilt by association that way?

Boycott Behringer, Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Cisco…90% of the electronics we use on a daily basis…

5 Likes

In a way it was also a bit sad that DSI staff go to public forums and bash Behringer…

5 Likes

As they say, you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

Agreed, this reflects poorly on all involved.

2 Likes

You’re right, It wasn’t a good move for either party.

Damn. So now yall saying I cannot afford an analog 808 this year? And just when I’m getting sick of the sound of my TR-08 and all…

How about someone starts building Nava and Yocto kits with a realistic financing option. That’d be something.

1 Like
3 Likes

Guys, never mind all that. Have a wee watch of this so we can laugh at these issues instead of trying and failing to do anything that could actually help.

4 Likes

Better watch your mouth guys, not just DSI workers but forum posters too. Uli’s getting the sue stick out :japanese_ogre:

2 Likes

yeah…I’m not boycotting shit. The selective outrage of the synth community is embarrassing.

10 Likes

Precisely. There is no ethical consumption under capitalism.

1 Like

Although I agree on the sentiment regarding selective outrage, I’m trying to imagine how it is that that one shouldn’t be compensated for effort, goods produced or ideas?

1 Like

I never said they shouldn’t. I’m saying that the misplaced morality is exactly that. This is less about people trying to hold Behringer accountable and more about finding reasons to find fault in their products. Apple went through this whole thing too, meanwhile almost every tech company has their products made in the same factory. Though who knows for how much longer with how this trade war is going.

Also above Uli posted a statement and an official investigation was conducted so it would appear there is a measure of media sensationalism as well.

1 Like

Thank you for providing me my phase for the day

4 Likes

I’d say that the opposite is true, most of the ‘synth community’ apparently have no problem with it, and that is embarrassing given that presumably some of them create original content themselves, and would most likely not like it if some other artist blatantly ripped of their work, seems like a double standard to me.

Of course there are degrees of what and what isn’t blatant copying, but in this case it is pretty clear cut., especially WRT to Curtis chips.

This statement has no foundation in truth, it sounds like a convenient and lazy justification.

6 Likes

Balance people, Balance.

Just try to do better when you can. Nothing is going to be perfect but just move the direction that seems the best for those you affect and also yourself.

6 Likes