The AR Feature Request Thread {closed}

No, but what about all parameter locks, scene locks, performance macros etc?
In any case, no resources are wasted by this inclusion.

4 Likes

Ok, I concede; it made a few folks happy. I’d still be interested in knowing whether anyone purposely uses the Legacy FX mode after the fix/improvement to the FX gain staging.

Also, while I have your attention, would giving the RYTM the ability to freely assign the LFOs to any track waste any resources?

That is simply not possible, sorry.

2 Likes

allright I thought about this again and maybe this feature will could be one of the functions in the upcoming new elektron product :)))

Ok, thanks. I guess I’ll stop hoping for any more modulation than is currently available.

1 Like

Insert sequencer trigs when holding a scene pad to create scene fills

This is my biggest request! I can’t think of any feature I’d like more. Being able to set up altered/alternative patterns in the scenes would make this machine (even more of) a beast! It would allow for unstoppable breakcore/IDM/jungle possibilities, which is something that’s hard to find in any hardware synth I’ve ever seen to date!

One way to do it without saving a whole sequence in every scene would be to just have extra on/off triggers saved to the scene. I guess there would have to be a limit as to how many extra triggers you could add/remove per scene, but anyway, if this is actually feasible, it would be amazing!

3 Likes

What about a gate on the reverb? There is a missing parameter on the reverb that seems like the location for ‘gate’. Is it missing due to CPU resources?

1 Like

The reverb is on the FX track, so it should be easy to make a gate effect using a trig with locks and LFO tricks

2 Likes

Sorta and not sorta. A gate is level-dependent, and if I vary my volumes going into the reverb (which I do often) that means having to gauge and plock every note that goes through the reverb.

1 Like

Feature request: Mute performance mode for the sequencer.
Live record of mute state per step. This would liven up patterns, a one bar intese hihat loop could easily turn into a 4 bar relaxed pattern realtime, a lot quicker and intuitive than programming the steps of the hihat.
Holding mute and pressing record seems to be free for the command, but that may be reserved for a future “copy mute” function? Anyway I often jam ideas like this and seems like a natural way of working quickly.

Sorry about the double post, but it is a different feature request:
Scene combination mode, holding retrig and selecting a scene would add that scenes parameters to the current one. Exit would be pressing on any scene while not holding retrig. Overlaping parameters cold be calculated or ignored, don’t know if it is tasking. I often use a specific scene for that track, this could act as a small scene selector, like a mini kit.
The combo is currently selecting the scene as if the retrig button is not pressed, while entering retrig mode for the selected pad. (Pretty useless).

Ok, I think this has not been mentioned: more conditional log conditions.

There currently are conditional logs like 4:4, which means that the sounds will be activated only every 4th run. What i would like to see also is the inverse: negated 4:4, such that the sound is there for each run except the 4th. This should be a low hanging fruit for the programmers…

K

1 Like

I generally take the stance that Elektron know their stuff or that choices are that way for a reason … I think there’s a few off-topic reasons why the selected options are generally well chosen and may artificially seem restrictive i.e. there’s normally a reason behind decisions … that being said, we’ve all had a similar thought before as it’s perhaps a desirable request so i’d suggest my little workaround which is maybe not always deployable …

:black_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:

if you want the first trig to have an inverted X:Y say 1:4 so that it plays 3 out of 4 times (see caveat)*

then put the following TRCs down
Trig 1 TRC = Not:Pre (or the inverse truth of the previous TRC checked)
if seq Trig step 16 is empty then create a Trigless Lock
Trigless.Trig 16 TRC = 1:4

:black_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::radio_button:

This will give you want you want (except first pass for this example) if you have a spare Trig (it needn’t be the preceding Trig, it just needs to be the last TRC evaluated on any spare step)

*so it works if a step is free to abuse with a potential anomaly on the first pass

2 Likes

This is a nice workaround! Did not think about trigless locks.

Thank you!

Karsten

1 Like

I’d like something very simple -

Each pad responds to a midi note, all on the same Midi Channel.

So RYTM is set to Midi Channel 10 and BD1 -= note 36, SD2 = note 38, RS3 = note 37 etc.
This would make it much simpler to play from an external source (I use Cirklon as my main sequencer).

That is all.

@cram1960 it already does that. There is an octave range, I forget which, which can trigger each pad on the same midi channel.

2 Likes

indeed, it’s midi notes 0-11

2 Likes

This thread was started 4 months after the original general AR feature request thread … it’s getting messy now similar points are independently popping up in each one

Use the original thread from here on in - I’ll link back to this one too from there

AR FR Thread