The AH MKII has an audio interface. Is it class compliant?

… will it work under iOs ? Did someone test this?

Thnx

No it’s not class compliant.

1 Like

unfortunately no,but lets see if elektron finally to implemented with a new firmware,.

1 Like

Can Class Complaince be added to a product via an update or is it a hardware dependant limitation ?

Thanks.

Not sure… i think it‘s a hardware thing. If an operating system needs a driver for the AH- built-in soundcard components, i don‘t think you can change that by firmwareupdate. Then again: some usb interfaces have a „class compliant mode“ switch, so i could be completely wrong with my assumption.

Class Compliant would be great…

Yeah, especially because they were able to make the builtin usb midi interface class compliant.

Full class compliance (MIDI & audio) is the dream. I want to plug my Digitone usb in to my iPad running AUM. I could then have Digitone synth tracks using fx in AUM and also have the four MIDI tracks sequencing four apps of synths and drums. Would be amazing!

3 Likes

same here !

1 Like

Yep another vote for it here!

1 Like

+1 for Analog Heat MKII, Digitakt and Digitone being able to directly send USB Audio to iPads and iPhones!

Oh Yeah, that would be so crazy sweet! :hugs::grin::facepunch:

1 Like

…class compliant is just a question of firmware/drivers…so, once ob compatability is rocksolid, it should be final step…
but i ask myself, if my heat mk1 can become an audio interface finally, or not…i don’t mind if it’s class compliant…but usb to host and then whatever heat spits out ends up on a harddrive is a must for me…and no…i won’t buy a mk2 heat for this…
so anybody here who got an old heat also as an audio interface in use…?

Technically yes, but extremely unlikely to happen.

2 Likes

I’ve been using Heat as my main audio interface for a long time now (at the moment its going back for some repares).

…oh…ok…so i’ll give that a first try next year…running os 1.02 still though…

thanx a lot…

1 Like

What’s the status on this? Still not class compliant?

I think this was added on the last firmware update.

Edit: Yup! From the Release Notes…

List of changes from OS 1.10 to 1.20

Improvements

The Analog Heat now supports class compliant audio over USB.

Added flexible routing of audio over USB.

It is now possible to send and receive presets and settings via SysEx.

Added the functionality to tap the tempo.

[MKII] Added support for the Overbridge plugin.

[MKII] The screen saver now turns off the screen after 60 minutes of inactivity

2 Likes

Yes to the Digitone and Digitakt, don’t believe the AH MK got an update.

EDIT: It seems it was released for the AH MKII as well, cool!

Digitone has a bug with the audio stream stopping in Class Compliant mode. Note sure about the Digitakt.

Analog Heat OS 1.20 added Class Compliant audio back in October 2019

1 Like

So, it’s basically only A4 and AR left that’s not class compliant?