That warm feeling when you better understand your rytm

Would love to see some pre-sets if you have any - been working on trying to get those wonky techno sub rumbles![/quote]
At work again now but I’ll inbox u later

Don’t know if this link will work its on facebook but two demos from the other day in the vid have the kicks.

EH VOILA !!! The real joy of sound - synthesis :slight_smile:

This video is dope o_O

I have a 6 hour train ride from Chicago to Detroit coming up - I’ll be bringing my AR to pass the time

looking forward to such a long and focused session with it :slight_smile:

Would love to see some pre-sets if you have any - been working on trying to get those wonky techno sub rumbles![/quote]
At work again now but I’ll inbox u later [/quote]
very very nice. really good work. all rytm?

function+dial will change that value for all pads?

sorry, don’t have time to try this but was curious what you meant by func+dial.

Holy smokes :astonished:
I’d love to see how you managed that kick/sub line from the second half of the video, it sounds amazing.

Strangely enough, I am still to find my sweet spots on the Rytm, but managed some cool kick sounds with the A4. I suppose it doesn’t matter which Elektron you use, it always surprises you positively.

This thread is so cool :heart_eyes:

Great ideas!

When holding Function and turning most parameters they snap to default values.
The Amp volumes snap to 100.

3 Likes

I believe levels above 100 introduce extra nonlinearity, so that makes sense.

i don’t have tricks to share but i can only say that the more i use it, the more i understand how things work and discover new things along the way and i’m able to get those sounds i’m (was) looking for (and not… :slight_smile: ). it is a bit like with all Elektron machines and i think it’s a ‘general’ thing about musical instruments and music in general: practice (may or may not make you perfect…but it sure helps have more fun! :grin:)

3 Likes

A fun little trick: hold down the stop button and hit the play button repeatedly. It will retrigger the start of your pattern, letting you do quick “remix” type playback. If used sparingly, helps you introduce a bit of repetition before moving forward

1 Like

I clicked with it when I mucked around with:
Sample select with lfo
Time stretch
Velo mods
Randomisation via strom which is killer and like a new machine

2 Likes

yeah, randomizing sounds with the STROM really shows the vast scope of possible sounds with the machine!

1 Like