That RYTM 1.70 Sound

Rytm Jam a9/Dec23

I’ve been using the BT to try and get a decent kick and free up the synth possibilities on the lower 4 slots, and try a bit more creativity rather than using samples (not that sampling isn’t creative) and beefing up a 909 feel for some House/Techno tracks. I’ve been soaking up @pokk’s videos too and generally getting my mind in order for a load of groundwork.

Anyway, this is a recording of something I cobbled together earlier. I could probably use more fills, p-locks, performance buttons etc, but mute button edits on a desk or machine are just fine to help with thoughts for now…

2 Likes

Niiice! Some cool resonances later in the track.

The synth possibilities has definitely opened up with the update. I found even before trying to get good synth sounds out of the Rytm pushed me to balance things differently in the machine to get it to come alive more. Main distortion and high distortion on the delay, even though it doesn’t sound distorted, along with gain staging, really transforms the Rytm.

Keep em coming. Great hearing this kinda electronic music on the same box Inspiring!

1 Like

Incredible. Are the arps the SY Chip or whatever the sid synth is??

1 Like

really digging the Rytm and OT combo a lot. I think with Virus TI2, Rytm and OT an unbeatable trio!

Cheers! Yes the arps are 2x SY Chip and the arpy basslines are 2x CB Metallic

1 Like

just a DnB exercise on the rytm. hope you enjoy.

all sounds internal except for 3 vocal samples and one sampled chord.

mix 2 :

25 Likes

A little jam with BD Acoustic, SY Raw, SY Chip, HH lab and two samples (cymbal and rumble)

27 Likes

I’ve been listening to all the Tracks in this thread and I can say that everything is good and sounds really really good in my headphones. Elektron has done a tremendous and marvelous fine tuning job on the Rytm, it really sounds better and is more easy to work with. Bravo Elektron!

This is another contribution. Rytm only. Enjoy!
120 BPM

30 Likes

Love it. Thanks for posting :slight_smile:

May i ask what machines you used for the different parts? And did you use samples?

2 Likes

Kick : BD Silky
Bass : SY Chip
CH : CH Classic
OH : OH Classic
Snare : SD Acoustic
Lead : SY Raw
And 2 Factory Samples

2 Likes

Thank you @videomusik! :heart::pray:

Ooh, I do love me a good challenge.

inspo for me to figure out how close I can get to that commodo gantz kahn EP

2 Likes

Did the first one.

I recorded the sum - and also the dry base drum via overbridge.

• Was fun.
  • BD CLASSIC machine only
  • Heavy use of:
    • filter (LP, HP, BP, peak; +/- env modulated)
    • resonance
    • LFO
    • analog distortion
    • delay
    • reverb
12 Likes

This is what I call a weekend well-spent. An admirable display of sonic exploration. Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Which one? Found several tracks on YT. Are they all from the same EP?

Oh, I’m still in love with Volume One | Commodo

There’s obviously a lot going on there but I’d love to see how close I can get with just 1.70 and clever design/sampling/EQ/layers.

1 Like

That’s a challenge :flushed::sweat_smile::+1:
Had similarly difficult things on my list for when I will have fulfilled my evolutionary programming/retired: deconstruction and reconstruction of:

• Anne Clark | Sleeper in Metropolis
  • New Order | Blue Monday
  • Monkey Island ST | Scumm Bar (live on piano)
  • Kim Wilde | Cambodia
  • 2 Live Crew | Me So Horny
  • Run DMC | My Adidas
  • The Sisters of Mercy | Detonation Boulevard
  • and some
    :flushed::smiley::sweat_smile:
2 Likes

I grew up on Miami booty bass and electro so that many of those sound fun as well!

And also goth, so for Sisters of Mercy let me know if you find a good DR-55 sample set :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think I have one sample set from my then own DR-55 sampled dry into MPC2000 in the late 90s. (Gave the DR-55 away as birthday present.)

1 Like

Any recommendations (software) to auto slice 1 hour stereo basedrums?

At that length I assume it will drift if set to fixed grid.

Result should be hundreds consecutively named wav files. :flushed:

2 Likes