Thank you for per track scaling!

How does this work? Am I being thick?

1 Like

Wait till you get timestretching, 4 note poly (for at least one track even if you lose other 3) and sample slicing.
Oh, did I mention trig listening?
Yeah, wait till you get those.

and stereo sampling.

1 Like

I didn’t use this per track scaling. Maybe I should experiment with it.
How do you use it ? Just to make double long track or half long ? Or you make some kind of polyrytm?

yes!

yes!

1 Like

Per track scaling for president! I love it too!

A dumb question, cause I’m thinking of buying the Digitone next year, it also has that feature right!?

Thanks in advance!

Yep

2 Likes

Really fine without it so far.

Stupid isn’t it.

It’s not stupid; set your M.LEN and CH.LEN correctly and it’ll work as required.

10 Likes

That’s nothing, wait until you get full synth capabilities and 8 more tracks.

1 Like

Wait till it sprouts arms and legs and agrees to make you breakfast every morning

1 Like

You’re in fantasy land dude. Breakfast on the weekends, maybe…

1 Like

Since adopting per track scaling I only use one page for most of my tracks now… It’s insanity. Makes the workflow way easier. Plus you can adjust the track scaling up and down live to get glitches and stutters and different sounds out of your sample. It’s real, real fun.

Especially great for when a track is, say, an eight bar chord progression and you just need it to trigger once, or on every bar…

Page diving is reserved for hi hats and other things now… Even that only goes to two pages with added conditional trigs. Kicks are kept to one page. Snares kept to one. Holy cow.

I recently dove back into my MnM and was like “oh… Yeah, that’s right. Okay.” No per track scaling is understandable… But it doesn’t even go down to 1/2! It goes down to 3/4!

Edit: Also a good reminder to keep an open mind. For the longest time I thought “why would I want per track scaling? Let’s just keep everything even-steven 16ths thank you very much” but little did I know it’d solve my (second) biggest gripe with the machines: getting stuck in four bar patterns and having to navigate pages when wanting to change/hear certain trigs.

8 Likes