Textural Rytm

Cool, that’s pretty much my philosophy too.

I was interested in your comment that the Rytm comes alive with the LFO’s and modulation from the AK. From your comment I assume that’s through OB then. But you don’t just use a modulator in the Daw?

Ah yes - sometimes I get really good results running the RYTM through the Keys and using the mod, ENV and LFO options there, absolutely!

But I just sold my Keys to buy another OT so I guess we shall see what happens next…

1 Like

Haha, can’t wait for the results.

I’ve been learning my new OTs sample side before I move on to the MIDI. But I’m anxious to apply the LFOs to the AR…or the ASR10, for that matter.

BTW: props on “Rest”

1 Like
1 Like
6 Likes

I have no words, this is amazing!

Question: is technically possible to get anywhere near this sound with the MDUW?

1 Like

Thanks.
I guess it’s partially possible but the biggest challenges would be the quantized steps on the MD and the fact that I rinsed the analog DIST and COMP on this tune.
I don’t know if you’d get close but you’d something good from the MD!
I miss mine…

1 Like

nice vibey tracks.

and…

nice

load some ambience samples in the MDUW along with your other samples. maybe some pencil scratching on paper, rubbing paper on denim jeans, a train in the distance, actual record hiss. this stuff plus allow a little bit of sound before and after your samples so you can get quasi micro timing by adjusting sample start and other parameters. i think you can approach this sound with the UW.

careful use of the EQ as well. its got so many tracks… devote a few to the very subtle parts of the sound you are hearing like the pump, stomp, hiss and squeak parts. those aren’t musical but make up the texture and body of the sound.

great traks, kotare

3 Likes

Everything through Rytm except for chords

3 Likes

@KOTARE Wow, just wow. I feel like I’ve had my head in the sand not noticing this thread. As so many others have said above, you’ve got great track seeds among all these snippets and I’m looking forward to any releases you’ve got planned.

So on Violet Tip, were you aiming the AK’s LFOs at Rytm tracks? (I don’t own either of the analogs and I recall owners have mentioned the comparative lack of LFOs on the Rytm … as a longtime MD/MnM fan, this point makes a major difference to me. Knowing you could overcome this issue somewhat with A4/AK LFOs would help ease my mind.)

Thank you.

Yeah obviously the AK has the far more extensive modulation options for synthesis.
On that track I was routing audio via the AK - the filters were also a really nice audio effect, Rytm drums into the AK filters and then all of its lovely envelopes and mod options…

3 Likes

Very cool Kotare, got a nice mellow futurebeats feel to them. Any chance of compiling to a soundcloud playlist or something for easier listening, since they’re so short? I´d love to have a download but I understand this is an ongoing thing that you´re continuously adding to. Anyway, I’m loving it!

Hey there.
Thanks for that.
No nothing full yet really.
But I am working on it!

1 Like

no words. amazing tracks.

Ah thanks man.

Just for reference, what was it about the analog keys that wasnt doing it for you, and is there anything that you miss about it? And is there anything from the analog keys that gave these sketches something that couldn’t be acheived with anything else?

Really great work man!

Klangfort bass = esq1?

It and the pad are indeed the very beautiful ESQ1 :slight_smile:

1 Like