[ Templates ] DAW, Overbridge & settings (Mac by me) and (PC by RAFH)

Logic setting:44.1 or 48 khzbuffer: 256working buffer: smallaudio treads: 4
Overbridge:buffer: 256margin: 150clock mode: song

Yeah according to your system you probably can’t be at Buffer 64 and Safety Margin of 25 But if it’s tight it’s done ! Nice to know this value can’t be TIGHT as well

EDIT : by the way I forgot the utility plugin in my ABLETON template to Sum Dual Mono (hey that’s Ableton not me…) in MONO I will FIX the template … Maybe that’s why Logic sounding better @insect But I remember when I used both I always find audio in logic better. So to Sum Dual Mono from Overbridge in Ableton Live Use the Utility Plugin Set the width on each instance of audio track to 0. Except on each Machine Main Output and Analog HEAT (witch will be better because of delay and reverb FX if you use it) of course we kept the STEREO there !!!

All ABLETON Live template are FIXED (1223 for 2016-12-23)

Edit : Bitwig seem to working exactly the same as Ableton Live for Mono/Stereo there’s a utility called Tool too…
I will investigate Logic and Bitwig Template to see if I set proper MONO and Proper STEREO (including the mess with all Bus in Logic Pro X to make things working as expected)

Analog FOUR :
Main L + Main R = STEREO
Synth Trk1 = MONO (need an Ableton utility or Bitwig tool plugin set the WIDTH = 0%)
Synth Trk2 = MONO (need an Ableton utility or Bitwig tool plugin set the WIDTH = 0%)
Synth Trk3 = MONO (need an Ableton utility or Bitwig tool plugin set the WIDTH = 0%)
Synth Trk4 = MONO (need an Ableton utility or Bitwig tool plugin set the WIDTH = 0%)
Ext in L + Ext in R = STEREO

Analog RYTM :
Main L + Main R (input or output) = STEREO
Main FX L + Main FX R (Output) = STEREO
BD = MONO (need an Ableton utility or Bitwig tool plugin set the WIDTH = 0%)
SD = MONO (need an Ableton utility or Bitwig tool plugin set the WIDTH = 0%)
RS-CP = MONO (need an Ableton utility or Bitwig tool plugin set the WIDTH = 0%)
BT = MONO (need an Ableton utility or Bitwig tool plugin set the WIDTH = 0%)
LT = MONO (need an Ableton utility or Bitwig tool plugin set the WIDTH = 0%)
MT-HT = MONO (need an Ableton utility or Bitwig tool plugin set the WIDTH = 0%)
CH-OH = MONO (need an Ableton utility or Bitwig tool plugin set the WIDTH = 0%)
CY-CB = MONO (need an Ableton utility or Bitwig tool plugin set the WIDTH = 0%)

Analog HEAT :
Analog input L + Analog input R = STEREO
FX Return L + FX Return R = STEREO
Analog output L + Analog Output R = STEREO
FX Send L + FX Send R = STEREO

All BITWIG Studio template are FIXED (1223 for 2016-12-23)
with a Bigwig Tool width to 0% on every MONO TRACK and nothing changed on STEREO one’s

All Logic Pro X template are FIXED (1223 for 2016-12-23)
Every Bus was verified they now set as it needed to be. Main outs and EXT in as STEREO, every individual as MONO

SO I’ve just realized that some people used Overbridge by setting on top of that the device as an AUDIO CARD. And get their AUDIO STREAM by the soundcard so they can actually record MONO in ABLETON LIVE but to me it’s completely at the COST of the Latency. BY Recording your STREAM via the PLUGIN you have way more tightness in the SYNC ! Of course you get Dual MONO and need to set it up a Utility plugin or a Bigwig tool to get the Signal then WIDTH to 0% (meaning MONO) but it’s WAY more accurate to me

SO WHAT ABOUT YOU ??? What’s your favorite WAY to GET your STREAM ?

Finally I take a little bit of time for the Screencast to explain more… it will be post after Christmas but you have it all to download before Christmas as I engage myself to. I’m not sure that the settings automatically recall when you open up the template so read for each DAW the settings I used to in the beginning of the POST.

Have nice Christmas with your family, wife, girlfriend, childs ! EVERY ELEKTRONAUTS !

1 Like

thanks for your work @William_WiLD! I didn´t test my settings with your Logic template, but will do this the next days and report to the Elektronauts. Merry Christmas for you and your familly too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I updated every template so normally every signal should be fine for MONO and STEREO :wink:
Merry X-Mas @insect too THANKS

This looks great & thanks for all the hard work. Anyone got a template for Cubase? Just like to see how it looks & works. I have started planning how I will be setting one up with A4, AR and AH plus a few extra channels through an interface but still waiting for the AR to arrive so I imagine I won’t be able to finalise it. Many thanks if anyone willing to share
Best wishes

1 Like

I waited for Cubase 9 demo to build it, don’t know if it’s available for now

Ok thanks … got the AR and struggling a bit with set-up so if you do make one or anyone does have a template for Cubase would be much appreciated
Best wishes

There is no list of USB host chips which are recommended ? I.e. would it make sense to buy a PCI express card with a good host chip ?

1 Like

That is a good question to ask to the support :wink: I would like people to post at least their configuration (so the way you wish, specifications and some useful informations to get this post PC-MAC) But it seems like things will going to only with stuff i provided. I normally will going to buy a PC soon so i will extend a bit this post by myself.

So if you guys on PC can post your working configurations specifications it should give useful data for people who want to buy or make a machine compatible with Overbridge based on user reported data as i said in the post title (NEED PC USER to COMPLETE)

Working configuration

PC Brand :
Motherboard model :
Processor :
Harddrive :
RAM :
USB chipset / card :
OS System version :
System Tweaking :
Buffer DAW-OB :
Margin Safety Buffer :

Sorry - i had to bump this - can you post your working Windows USB host chip (mainboard chip) which is working for you with A4 and RYTM at maximum channels? 8+4 ? Which bit rate is operational ? I.e. 24 bit or 16 bit with 12 channels max.

thankyou for this!!! overbridge - having to update both that and my heat has blagged my head no end. still not about to render out of ableton with the heat as my soundcard

1 Like

Wow man, thanks all.

1 Like

Updates to :
Ableton 9.X
Logic 10.X
Bitwig 2.X
Reason 9.X

are coming when i get Analog Four MKII and Analog Rytm MKII

1 Like

Great thread! Can you help me setting up the AR as audio interface? When I load overbridge I have the AR signal twice. Shouldn´t it be muted on the analog outs when Overbridge is enabled? It makes no sense that the functionality as an audio card can only be achieved when you don´t use overbridge.
I am on OSX with the latest Ableton version. Thanks!

Updates are coming when i get Analog Four MKII , Analog Rytm MKII and Overbridge as well