Teenage Engineering Pocket operator modular system

I am quite happy with our Ikea furniture…

So far not even an Uli Behringer was able to give out a synth for free. I think it´s a fair price, you get a lot of bang for the money and it´s far away from Apple´s storage upgrade prices.

Btw. i canceled my order again. I have a modular synth…no need for a more portable one on my side…no GAS anymore this year…boy…this is going to be a hard year for me.

Until you have to unbuild and rebuild them haha, some of them are like “one time use only”. Nevermind, sorry for the off-topic

Yes I know, I’m not saying that… It’s not about the synth/modules itself nor the sound, it’s about my global vision of the product/marketing/design.

P.S.: english is not my first (nor second!) language and it’s a bit difficult to express myself nicely, keep that in mind.

ditto

1 Like

I canceled already. I really want to control my Gas.

4 Likes

I love that they made a spot for the wires

1 Like

I moved three Times with an Ikea Pax… no problem. But seriously, no furniture is really meant to Take apart and put Back together so often.

I think TE delivered here a very Bauhaus Like piece of electronic Music Instrument. It is through and through very Bauhaus, even the single modules are following the Bauhaus Design Rules.
Beautiful and absolutely brilliant Design! And i really appreciate their sense of humour they put into each of their products. They do all their Designs with an eye wink. :wink: Some ppl on German Forum complain that this is just a disposable Hipster product, but i think they totally miss the Beauty of the Design and the many thoughts that have been put into their products. Even the packaging is fitting in Design. Many Synth manufacturers, including Elektron got a hang of this too and started full designs, Not only the product but also the boxing, the whole package.

3 Likes

That must be ordered extra as accessorie

1 Like

Just a week ago I was telling my friend that “it would be so cool if there was an A3 sized po which would had all po’s inside it.” I guess te has a mind reading department.

But still price felt a bit too much. I would be def okay for 250. I also got OPz too but felt too gimmicky. It wasn’t anything like op1. Just wandering if I’d be let down if get this one too. (Convince me, my wallet is itching)

1 Like

Ok…

This I completely understand.

I think they’re just expanding the branding they’ve created with the POs. Awesome and capable devices on the lo-lo.

It’s tempting. I’m not sure if I’m going to go with the SV-1 or the TE 400(i’m still leaning towards the SV-1, because I suppose i have a hesitancy regarding the TE Mods)- definitely will be keeping an eye out for this one though.

They are going to sound great when the batteries are almost empty! I love that drunken sound.

I’ll take banans over 3,5mm jacks any day of the week

3 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

6 Likes

One could also easily waste $500 on the TE rack if they realise that ‘mix and match’ is probably at least 75% of what makes Euro interesting and different than just buying a hardwired subtractive synth and an sq1? If the sequencer was more interesting (something like Voltage Block or Rene) and it had some other more interesting modules I’d be tempted but it feels aimed more at people that want very basic patching on a budget or people that just wanna make YouTube videos and get subscribers? Doesn’t seem aimed at people that are in to Euro because of the more interesting possibilities that ‘mix and match’ offers… which is fine, each to their own. And seems natural to assume TE will develop the idea further in future which will be interesting to keep an eye on.

1 Like

The keyboard looks like it might be cool though. ‘Individually tuneable keys’ but cant make out from the images what the patch in/outs are? Possibly could be used like a Pressure Points for sending various CV ‘snapshots’? And using another sequencer to sequence those? Anyone found more info on it/better pics?

People entering modular are approaching an arena where there’s a lot to chew on. There’s a hefty investment to enter it without really knowing what all you’re walking into.

So it’ll be nice to invest a little bit of money to get comfortable with it and from there expand(which I assume TE is capable of providing?)

4 Likes

This is exactly why I’m waiting for the single modules. I’ve patched enough stuff together in Tassman and reaktor blocs so I know I’d be frustrated with the full systems.

1 Like

For 299 ppl. could also enter the semi modular world with a Behringer Neutron. Add that TE Sequencer and you spent 460 and have a nice modular setup to play with.

3 Likes

I’m not saying it’s junk or isn’t capable of ticking some boxes for some people. Just doesn’t seem like it adds anything I don’t already have in spades or things like Neutron + sq1 offer in a smaller footprint and cheaper. Basically I just wish it was a little further outside the box in terms of the modules’ functions. It’s very innovative in every way except for actual functionality :frowning: Aesthetic/battery/speaker all cool. But none of that really interests me much on something this big. Possibly grab the keyboard…but personally the Volca modular is way more interesting to me than this rack. Built in fx, deeper sequencer, less common architecture, less than half the price, way smaller footprint, super portable etc. Not sure I’ll grab one though as not convinced on the sound yet.

3 Likes

I think that is fair. We all choose wisely the Tools we need. I Hope. I wish. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes