Teenage Engineering OP-Z

Haha same for me :smile: I’ve had two lil sessions in the last few days where I’ve gone in blantantly different directions to what I “usually” do, and it’s been so gratifying.

I have to watch my levels (it lets you overdrive everything, which can also be awesome fun) but I’m getting better at that.

I am using the new setting that makes it stay on the same parameter page, even when you switch tracks, and it’s cool. I think I’m going to keep it like that.

1 Like

Watching your step components video, @cuckoomusic, made me realise that I’ve held some bad preconceptions about them - I assumed they were much more limited than they are. You have opened my eyes, thank you!

Two key take-aways for me:

• the ramp-up and ramp-down ratchet one step each time the trig is hit ( :open_mouth: ) so the ramp can take several cycles to complete
  • you can press the spark components’ number button more than once to select which iteration it hits on… because I didn’t RTFM enough, I thought it was limited to just the default one (blush)

Thank you for the video! I really enjoyed the whole thing :smiley:

1 Like

I caved in. At least I was able to not buy the Novation Peak that was sitting next to it. I won’t touch it until christmas, though. Haven’t even taken a peek in the box.

7 Likes

I’m still swithering. Got a trip in to Glasgow this afternoon. I think I can stay strong for now! Let us know what you make of it though!

1 Like

I most certainly will. Enjoy Glasgow, it‘s been far too long since I‘ve been.

1 Like

I love this about the 'Z. That overdriven crunch is so nice

1 Like

Finally - time for bed - tired after a very long long day :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

The ZZZzzzz ZZzz is to be continued, the ultimate portability got me on the Z side.

:chess_pawn:

1 Like

Just added another sample pack to my gumroad site. This time, 240 kick/snare/perc/FX sounds from Nord Modular G1. I’ve also included the WAVs for other samplers. As with my other packs, it’s $5 but there is a link to a free preview kit… and this time I’ve made a little demo of the sounds in action :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve used mine for a few hours only. So far I like it. It seems to be more powerful than I expected. However there are a few things that really annoy me:

-why do I have to be online to read the manual?
-why is the manual section on step components pretty much useless without Cuckoo’s tutorial?
-why did no one shout “BS!” when they discussed the protruding on/off switch design?

Apart from that I’m leaning towards keeping it. It feels pretty familiar coming from the Elektron sequencer.

4 Likes

Yeah, right. Or they could just provide a pdf. I really don’t feel it should be my job to compile the individual pages into one file every time they update the manual.

2 Likes

Cuckoo is the living TE manual :books:

1 Like

True dat. However, I don’t see him tagging along on all my travels.

1 Like

Yes, I agree with an updated PDF for the mobile device(s). Synchronising webpages offline myself feels a bit 2006-ish

Hey fellaz ! Got a Monologue for xmas and was wondering if any of you were using it as a midi keyboard for op-z ?

I found this on reddit a while back:

1 Like

Will try for sure! The only thing that bothers me is all the talk about certain types of cables working, others failing etc.

Thanks, found this, too. May not be 100% up to date, though.

All OP Z

13 Likes

I was just re-thinking TE situation a bit:

• OP-Z supports modules
  • OP-1 will get a hardware revision > supporting (those same) modules??
    => OP-1 + OP-Z could get advanced exclusive integration through a partner module??
1 Like

oh shit, that’s now the demo to show people who think it can only do “bleep bloop” stuff