Teenage Engineering OP-Z

Hmm, strange it works consistently as expected for me with those settings, what are you using to connect the OP-Z to the OP-1?

Edit: No, actually I have just tried again and with different loop sections on the tape I’m getting the same behaviour you describe. Previously I must have just been lucky as it was working fine before.

4 Likes

I’ve sent a support request i’ll Keep you in touch!

4 Likes

So strange really. I can definitely get this to do something, but it’s for certain not consistent.

I find that the first time I press play they will start together and be close to being in sync, maybe a 32nd out. When I stop on the op1 the ops will stop. But what follows is very unpredictable. On subsequent play the ops will generally start later - and will play a few beat, stop and then pick up again and seems to stutter along for a while.

Then after that I have to switch both off to get it to ‘work’ again.

The most consistent I’ve had it is using an iOS device - but even then it was far from 100%.

@Darenager - would you say it works for you 100% of the time?

I’ll keep fiddling!

1 Like

@Glasside Unfortunately not, it seems to work fine when the tape is at the start, and most of the time when using a 1 bar loop jump to other sections of tape - provided that the tape was initially at the start when first pressing play. But after @Philippe-2000 posted his report I tested more thoroughly and observed the same kind of issues he was having.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know - I’ve been trying for the last few hours and just can’t get it to improve. Sadly.

I noticed a few other things. The Op-z seems to lose it’s connection to the app when slaving to the OP-1 - I wonder if there’s a conflict between the USB and Bluetooth midi.

One other question - have you managed to slave the op1 to the opz? I’ve only succeeded in having the OP-z follow the OP-1. Even when I have clock send selected to the op-z (and clock receive deselected) the op-z still slaves to the OP-1!

same thing here. Random Bluetooth disconnect. :disappointed:

Sync drifts when Swing settings aren‘t the same. it swings out over time from time to time.
stay synced.

1 Like

That’s some good life advice too.

4 Likes

In case you missed it, like I did, new new firmware dropped a couple of weeks ago!

Copied from https://www.teenageengineering.com/downloads/op-z

v 1.1.17 :

• add option to disable USB charging with SCREEN+E2 (to remove ground noise)

• improve headphone / line jack detect (solves issues like getting mono with stereo cable)

• add option to keep parameter page when switching track (“disable_param_ page_reset” setting to general.json)

• clear step parameter locks with STEP+STOP

• make temporary parameter changes (holding shift) available for all tracks

• smoother volume knob interpolation

• hard kill active track notes on double press TRACK+STOP

• separate battery animations depending on USB state

• minor bug fixes

2 Likes

I’d really like an option for not resetting parameter settings on switching patterns…

2 Likes

Isn’t there a button combination for pasting track parameter settings? Project + shift for 2 or 3 times? You can maybe use this workaround.

Thomann has them in stock for immediate delivery. I was thinking long and hard about getting one, but somehow my GAS for it has vanished. Now I hope they’ll sell out quickly, before I make up my mind.

4 Likes

Same here. But GAS for an OP 1 second edition is rising to unknown hights :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah, true. It’s not very fun, though. I guess it’s the same problem we have on the DT. I’d love to be able to just “decouple” the trigs from the parameter pages…

the force is strong in this one ^^

4 Likes

I have pulled the trigger and ordered one from Thomann 24+ hours ago when I saw they had them in stock… order status is still “waiting to be sent”, not sure what is going on… was hoping to get it before Christmas.

Do any IRL local shops have them? Someone must surely! ^^

Would really love to see a FM synth with a few parameter pages dedicated here. That would really round it out on this bad boy.

Enjoying it immensely otherwise. My little one was dancing around with it singing the Frozen soundtrack the other night. Probably not what TE had in mind but hilarious all the same. :smile:

4 Likes

Music Store in Cologne…

Omg perfect!