Teenage Engineering OP-Z

I recommend watching this for anyone feeling constrained by the 16 beat patterns…its a paradigm shift realy!

3 Likes

man I wish this thing was just the sequencer, without the synth/sampler engines, slightly larger and with proper MIDI outputs…

Well, proper midi outputs are coming very soon (there are pictures of the unit if you scroll up, even 4CV outputs) and bigger would make it not fit in my inside pocket- but you can use any controller to control it using cc :wink:

1 Like

18 posts were split to a new topic: Phishing email campaign re OP-Z

Gotta say, step components are very solid competition for Elektron’s trig conditions… different implementations of course, but the OP-Z sequencer is very deep!

3 Likes

@SIM80 -“And the pattern switching is like direct jump in Elektron terms.“

I just recently seen a video of them talking about this. Where you could switch patterns regardless of where you’re at in the sequence.

Is there an option to set this function off so the pattern plays out before switching?
I’m sure there is but want to make sure.

1 Like

Cheers, I didn’t know about the expansion modules.

I think I saw someone say you can press PLAY (edit: oops!) to trigger the change at the end of the pattern.

Shift and pattern is copy so be careful if experimenting with button combos.

1 Like

Hold project and pressing play puts it into chain mode where you can queue the next pattern rather than direct jump. When the new pattern starts it will exit chain mode

4 Likes

I like how when stopped you can hold a trig and it will play that trig back looped so you can adjust parameters just for that step. This is great for drum samples that you’re trying to set them chromatically.

Does anyone know what the jump > align to global and gate step actually do?

Btw it looks like these are in stock at the MOMA store right now. I’ve never ordered from them so not sure how dependable they are.

1 Like

Black friday : -10 % on op-z @ sonovente.com !
Just ordered one for 539 Euros including taxes

They’re in stock at B&H. I ordered one. :slight_smile:

Pushed the internal limiter a bit:

11 Likes

Now that’s a demo! Amazing what can be done with the op-z. Nice work

Oh jeez the grey one looks way cooler than the yellow one!!

I think I like the grey a bit more. Yellow is kinda too bright for my taste, even if it is palatable. Also PVC is ok with me! Certainly will be durable.

Turns out the email was NOT a lie. It indeed is real, and I just got a new one with a link to add the op-z and a rollup bag to my cart. And of course, I canceled my Sweetwater order and got it :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: And yes, this is completely authentic. Add to cart link worked and brought me to the official teenage engineering site with both the bag and op-z in my cart. There was no hint of scam during my order.

2 Likes

So this new bundle email is real; do you think the first one was real too?

Yes, I never actually had much doubt otherwise. The email’s domain is the official teenage engineering website, and if it was a scam it would be an utterly useless one.