Teenage Engineering OP-1

Why would you press the help button? Just switch it on while loading.

Holding the help button displays the battery charge level on the level LEDs.

Itā€™s fine to turn it on and use it while itā€™s charging, just donā€™t disconnect it.

going crazy here ā€¦ how do you delete the entire pattern, and not just 1 note at a time?

cant find anything on the web

all help appreciated

Hmm, which sequencer are you on?

I bit the bullet a few weeks ago, been mad creative ever since!
As an OT fan, the OP1 is the shit, tape machine takes me back to my first studio days 18 years ago
Its portability gives you so much potential to make music anywhere, up a hill, on the train/plane/holiday
or just in bed!
Really easy to suss out how to work it
Plus the new OS made it even better!

3 Likes

On endless sequencer hold the shift and hold the back key.

On the grid sequencer hold shift and twiddle one of the coloured knobs anti clockwise (forget which one).

This is from memory - but itā€™s usually some shift knob/back key combo

Really liking the new voltage synth and the new built-in drum kits. Iā€™ve been too lazy to build up some good ones on my own. Made a lot of bad ones. Sometimes found some good stuff from the community but often lost track. In any case, I think I got bored with whatever drums I had on there and that cut into my enjoyment of the OP-1 so Iā€™m really glad to have some new kits in there!

And I donā€™t know if this is the new LFO options in the drums or what, but I just discovered using LFO on the drum samples for some skittering goodness.

Liking the arpeggiator too. Iā€™d often try and use the ā€˜endlessā€™ sequencer as an arp but could mess it up easily.

Ohhhh - looks like the new OS is now out. https://teenage.engineering/downloads with tutorial from the super groovy Cuckoo-monster! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W62G81x1LI4

shift + blue !! thanks!

shift + button 9 : p ,ā€¦ got it ā€¦ was shift + blue encoder

Hello there,

I recently gave in to GAS and bought an OP-1 as a companion for my Rytm (that I use paired with Strom for iPad - incredible app BTW). Currently waiting for it to be delivered.

I read many things about memory limitations for samples. But I assume this doesnā€™t apply so much to synth presets, right?

Thx

1 Like

(Strom is so awesome, itā€™s probably the #1 reason Iā€™m having problems pulling the trigger to seriously tryto sell my RYTM)

(Have you tried the new functionality enabling to recall patterns/kits from the four dots,but only on a per-track basis? It makes wonders to structure a live performance - but weā€™re out of topic here :wink: )

1 Like

(I have NOT but Iā€™ll definitely have to check that out when I get home. I need to spend some quality time with RYTM after showing the MDUW so much love recently)

But no, I wouldnā€™t know about the preset limitations on the OP-1. I think Cuckoo has a bunch of presets stored on his and he sends them out, but I only speculate.

1 Like

Canā€™t remember exactly but I think itā€™s like

42 presets synth/sampler
42 presets drum

I might be slightly off tho.

Itā€™s my main hangup/hassle with my Op1ā€¦

And the above numbers include factory presets, which you canā€™t delete :frowning:

2 Likes

Bummerā€¦ A synth preset probably takes no space, though.
So Iā€™ll have to store the user presets I like on a computer.
Well thatā€™s OK, after all

1 Like

Actually, I believe up to 100 synth presets can be stored. I know its more than drum presets. Also, the new factory presets are really good. I should know, I created a few of them :grin:

2 Likes

Found the numbers, apparently its -

The OP-1 can store the following:

Max Synth Sampler patches = 42

Max Synth Synthesis patches = 100

Max Drum Patches = 42

That kind of confuses me tho as my memory was full recently before factory reset and update to new OS, but I feel like i havnā€™t saved more than approx 60 user synth/sample patches. Maybe my memory just sucks? Or maybe there were more factory presets than I thought?

The new presets are way better but id still much prefer that space for my own patches, especially on a machine with so little memory space for slotsā€¦

2 Likes

Please explain this new functionalityā€¦ What are the 4 dots?!

Sorry I created a misunderstanding, the so-called 4 dots are a functionality of Strom. So nothing to do with the topic here.