Teenage Engineering OP-1

2 Likes

^ looks like my wifes dad. Bang on brother!

1 Like

Very cool! Thanks for that! Canā€™t wait to try it out,maybe Iā€™ll be resold on it!

1 Like

what to start with?

my op1 just arrived 5 min ago

I suggest that you go straight to the new OS with the new synth & sequencer features.

2 Likes

Turn on the radio (make sure something is plugged into the line in jack) and sample stuff!

Sweet. Enjoy :slight_smile:

any of you charging the OP1 straight from a wal wart? (not via USB ? )

The new tremolo shapes are great fun, Iā€™m loving the SRR/ bit reduction type sounds that come from using the pulse wave on drums!

@TrabanT I use a samsung wall usb charger and it works fine.

Normally goes in the PSU for my surface pro, which I guess is the same as using any other USB >wall charger. All fine here.

I have charged mine from an iPad wall-wart without problem.

hmmm ā€¦ i dont have an antennaā€¦ was quickly googling for DIY OP1 Antenna , but no luck ā€¦ any of you?
soldering wizards? GUGAAAA`?

An ordinary jack cable (or headphones) also works as an antenna.

3 Likes

If your patient enough, this is what you needā€¦

1 Like

I recommend just trying to make as many 2 or 4 bar loops as possible. Once youā€™ve made the loop move along in the tape and do it again until you fill up the tape. I did this over a weekend and after that I felt like I ā€˜gotā€™ the OP-1 workflow.

The only thing that still baffles me though is bouncing down things onto the vinyl to then bring back onto the tape. Feels really clumsy.

Also - TE have just put out a Beta and are asking for Beta testers of the new OS. Itā€™s a HUGE improvement and worth doing.

Actually you might even say they just drop the real new OS :smiley:

2 Likes

Is there a way to record the 4 tracks separately via usb? Not pull in the computer, but actually live record the jam with sep tracks?

The OP-1ā€™s USB port allows charging, MIDI communication on a single channel, and (in Disk mode) backing up of files to a computer.

It is not a USB audio device.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I was thinking. I thought I saw somewhere where it did that, but I suppose that mustā€™ve been a dream.

Thanks

1 Like

got mine new OP-1 delivered today and as it is written in the manual:

Ā»the first thing you should do is to connect your OP-1 to a computer (or optional charger) via the USB port located on the right side of the unit. make sure to keep your OP-1 connected until you have fully charged the internal battery.Ā«

pressing the HELP-button doesnt work when the unit is switched off, right? for now, the unit is still blinking and doesnt react when i press the HELP-button. it is loading for an hour now, as i read in other threads it can take from 2-6 hours, right?

how to make sure that the battery is full without switching it on to press the HELP-button?

or can i switch it on while loading and the important fact is that it is loading, no matter if switched on or off?

thanks