Teenage Engineering EP-133 K.O. II

Is the summing on this analog?

That’s good because that’s instant anti GAS for me :smiley:

Never could get my head around editing by steps it’s like being stuck in a maths lesson.

Weird choice seeing as the ko33 has xox sequencing.

2 Likes

I got the impression from the cuckoo video that the midi was polyphonic if you play in using a keyboard but wondered if that used up more tracks. Thank you, that would be amazing, you’re a star!

Yeah, not saying M:S is perfect, far from it. But numbered samples would be a downgrade in my book.

Bound for happy mistakes i my book, i love that approach. Grid sequencers are everywhere anyways

2 Likes

I’d say it’s not intended to be a studio grade like pad sampler, so those limitations make sense for me.
It’s more about the design. It’s an awesome style item it seems.

1 Like

The pattern structure is interesting. Seems to break free from the Elektron-esque ”all in one pattern”-approach.

2 Likes

Top output quaiity and creative pattern structure might sway me.

It depends. If you want a deliberate sound - there should be a faves list but at the same time sometimes it’s good to just scroll through and see what works that way. I’m assuming you can have a pattern play and change sounds on the fly? Hope so! But it can break people out not exploring.

Yeah, no TR-Rec, only live-Rec and Step-Rec. I guess they could implement some TR-Rec, using the 4 layer pads for that purpose and although none of the pads a backlit there is a led on the top right of each pad. But I wouldn’t hold my breath when it comes to a significant update adding more functions. The docs however do point to a way to update the device in theory.

1 Like

Hope this hasn’t been asked before: Could the EP-133 be powered by an OP-1F or OP-Z’s USB-C and be midi’ed by the same cable?

1 Like

The midi data is stored on that specific pad.

Youre welcome :smiley:

1 Like

Nice jam. When I get mine, I don’t think I am going load in any new samples either. The learning & exploration stage tends to me the most creative one for me. The limitations of the box also already make planning easier in my head. Devices don’t need to do everything.

2 Likes

oh nooo, it has polyphony and stereo, now I have to get it.

1 Like

My tip for the pressure is to apply low pressure in the upper area of a pad and then when you want to apply more pressure you move your finger downard at the same time to the lower area of the pad

3 Likes

I see they already sold out on launch day at Andersons and Rubadub. They only went on sale yesterday! It’s officially a hit!

I’m hoping for an updated Tonic po-32.

5 Likes

I do get the feeling that sample browsing isn’t the point of this kit. Like the Circuit Rhythm, it works best when you record stuff and build around that, and when you’re done, you’re done, and move on to a new blank slate.

Them 10TB sample libraries is one approach I believe this kit actively is trying to work again, and thereby unleash other ideas that wouldn’t otherwise emerge.

That’s what I liked about the Circuit Rhythm. You approached it in a very immediate way. However, the fact that they included an SD card slot opened the idea that this kit could allow for huge sample browsing, it just doesn’t want to.

This one, though, just says “I can’t. Don’t even bother.”

I like that.

9 Likes

What I love most about this is the price. I’m afraid to take my OP-1f and even my Elektrons out because of their price. M8 is slightly cheaper, but hard to replace with availability not being static. This looks to be a good compromise for more care-free traveling.

1 Like

What is the sampling length on this thing? I cant seem to find any information on that.