Teenage Engineering EP-133 K.O. II

For me it looks lovely, but I think if I save up more a sp404mk2 would be better for the money

5 Likes

I wouldnā€™t mind some music. Cuckooā€™s great but Iā€™d love some more, from others :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Their website is struggling badly. Deffo want to buy this one. Price point is sweet. But it doesnt want to sell me oneā€¦

thereĀ“s no looping of samples on this deviceā€¦ so iĀ“d say stick with the BB for nowā€¦

The biggest Feature request from us Beta testers has been sample looping and resampling and TE is looking into it with no promise of it ever being a feature though.

12 Likes

So itā€™s a one shot affair?

1 Like

Is this the best day of your life?

5 Likes

According to the Cuckoo video he said it can stay alive off 6 AAA batteries for maybe 20 hours (which he said Teenage Engineering told him that).

Compare to the 2 hour battery life on the SP-404 MK2 with 6 AAAs. This is gonna be a portable sampling beast

12 Likes

I havenā€™t been able to find if you can do something similar to p-locking with the device? Anybody knows?

1 Like

Yes, and itā€™s my birthday!!

20 Likes

Happy birthday!! I canā€™t figure out which pocket itā€™s going to fit in though!? < ahem > ā€œoperate fromā€

1 Like

the FX are really cool and unique imo opinion. it feels like the SP 202 was the inspiration but with TEĀ“s twistā€¦

You can change time signatures on the device 3/4, 6/8 and so, LOVE that!

You can change Group patterns induvidually so if you have a song consisting of patterns on Group A-D, you can then transition by changing patterns on one group at a time.

99 Bars is pretty great imo, you can record a really long pattern from something like the OP-Z or T-1 and then store it on the EP for instance.

Edit: i forgot the coolest of them all.

Punch in FX with aftertouchā€¦ so you can for instance change the re-trig speed by pressing harder on the pad

17 Likes

All of them!

1 Like

Damn. They might have got me with this.

12 Likes

Oh this is amazing

1 Like

Wait till you see how you get samples on and off it.

36 Likes

On their detail page it say 4xAAA, not 6xAAA

3 Likes

Found it on US Amazon sold from the TE store!

4 Likes

Happy Birthday!!! :beers:

2 Likes

reminds me a little bit of the sp404 mk1 workflow

1 Like

Dunno about that. No microtiming and no parameter locking from what I can see. @MichaalHell, can you confirm on those two points?

Edit: @cuckoomusic responded below:

There is microtiming :raised_hands:

2 Likes