Teenage Engineering EP-133 K.O. II

damn it lol. i thought i was in the clear. do you have any demonstrations i can watch/hear of your built-in speaker volume? or any video online that might be a good demonstration of the built-in speaker volume? i can also upload a quick video here but an admin needs to allow me because new users apparently cannot upload.

Is it really only possible have one effect on for all 4 groups? Thats a huge limitation thenā€¦ tried have put reverb on the melody group snd compressor for drums but seems not possibleā€¦

2 Likes

I got RMAā€™d and refunded just yesterday

1 Like

Just discovered the same today. Seems you can set independent levels per group, but not effects per group.

Any time I changed the effect, it retained the send level setting, but obviously it was sent to the newly selected effect.

The downside is that you need to plus/minus your way to each effect. With delay and comp on opposite ends, itā€™s a little weird to consider it as a performative tool.

Yeah this is a pretty big limitation IMO. Maybe itā€™ll change at some point?

Yeah think it dont work so well like a groovebox when all 4 tracks (groups) can only choose between one exactly same effect or no effectā€¦ hope they fix it in first new firmware updateā€¦

i misread your post yesterday. I thought you were talking about output volume in general. My speaker was not loud and i think thats normal for this device

1 Like

Thatā€™s my single biggest issue with the device and the reason Iā€˜m considering selling it on. Resampling would solve this issue, but so far it didnā€™t sound like thatā€™s really in the cardsā€¦letā€™s see.

1 Like

Crazy. Mine turned up late yesterday. UPS: bad at tracking, fairly competent at time travelling.

Anyway, for the sake of statistics or whatever: physically and operation-wise everything seems OK so far. I havenā€™t even bothered to put the fader cap on but will look at doing the removing-the-middle-bit-of-the-fader-handle mod to fit it later as that certainly is the issue there with the tight fit.

I would also recommend anyone doing this, any sort of physical mod that might cause dust or tiny pieces of plastic debris, put some masking tape over the fader slot while you work. In fact, looking at the (very cheap) fader, thereā€™s no dust protection. Anyone thought of sticking a thin piece of rubber or neoprene with a slit in it to the underside of the case where the fader pokes through?

Have to say, so far, this is a fun machine. It has some killer workflow stuff that draws you into just making stuff without overthinking anything. It has itā€™s limitations but I have nothitng to contribute that nobody else hasnā€™t.

7 Likes

Oh one thing: the shipping packaging.

Jesus what were TE thinking here!? I ordered dircect from them. It was in a flimsy outer box, not much bigger than the product box, with some scrunched up paper inside. The outer box had been battered a bit so I guess it was only a matter of luck that there was no damage to the product box (and unit given that the product box is more style over substance).

3 Likes

Sounds dope! Is this only the master compressor or did you use something else on the master?

1 Like

ok awesome thanks for clarifying!

yeah likewise, i kept getting confused when i thought i was changing an effect for only one group. i bet this could be a FW update on future but letā€™s see.

another thing iā€™m noticing is if i hit the keys really fast i hear these audio gaps as if the audio is canceling the audio from another keystroke. i might have a choke group enabled but it doesnā€™t seem like that to me. i donā€™t know what ā€œ voice stealingā€ is but iā€™ve heard the term and wondering if thatā€™s whatā€™s happening. anyone else getting this kind of audio cancellation?

Do these fit on the slider/knob shafts?

Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 14.02.42

1 Like

yes they do, those are the ones i used

2 Likes

most of that compression sound is from the master compressor but i also ran it through my 404ā€™s cassette sim

1 Like

Yup!

Be careful on that Lego site folks. Itā€™s so cheap that itā€™s expensive. Maybe itā€™s because I was too poor for Legos and missed the wave as a wee man but Iā€™m getting addicted to building Lego solutions to everything now. Considering a Lego inspired gear table build with stands and wire management. Why?

4 Likes

Uh I like that!

1 Like

Still remember getting invited to a classmates bday party and he had every Lego set in his extra play room.

We had some small sets but nothing like that. Fuck noā€¦ Native mom and weā€™re first gen not to need to work in fields, so Iā€™ll take that as the win.

Still into Lego to this day but just dont have the space for it.

3 Likes

If youā€™re lucky enough to have a fully functioning unit Iā€™ll straight up say the screen is the weakest part. Iā€™ve babied this thing and thereā€™s already scratches ā€¦ I bubble wrap it when I take it anywhere, Iā€™ve never seen anything like it.

2 Likes