Teenage Engineering EP-133 K.O. II

This is a YouTube video that was made from another YouTube videos comment section. Grasping away at straws right now.

I just find this funny.

6 Likes

I haven’t experienced it yet but I’m nervous. The broken fader is one thing to deal with.

But I don’t understand why everyone is glossing over the units with the CPU issues. The hard resets. Wiping everything from memory. Those need to be addressed and looked at by TE. Is it a batch of bad cpus like the faders ?
The guy in the video above doing the speculation who fixed his fader, he has the hard reset happening. So he desoldered and re soldered the fader to possibly have a cpu issues that are no longer covered under warranty.

Hopefully TE address these things. Being part of the first run with a working unit, there’s this feeling I’m I part of a 30 day recall to inevitably happen …?

3 Likes

Well speak of the Devil!
I think were all collectively thinking the same thing here. Hope it comes sooner rather than later.

What man? Link please.

TE…can we PLEEASE get a latch FX feature…my fingers are doing gymnastics over here trying to make magic happen. it doesn’t need to be this hard.
FX Latch: Shift+ double tap FX btn ?

2 Likes

It was on the elektron-users forum before the transition to elektronauts was complete, here’s the text of it as dictated by the lovely, the talented @PeterHanes, along with a link to the original elektron-users post. It’s long so I’m going to hide the text and whoever wants to read that can clicky the arrow.

Summary
6 Likes

Just received mine. Fader and speaker works. It did have imprints of the fader and rotary pots on the internal white cover but not noticeable on the outer cover. Not putting the fader knob on yet. I bought faders ahead of time just in case. Hopefully will not have to use one. :smiley:
Thanks Control Voltage for good packing. :+1:

2 Likes

im curious if you dont mind my asking to tell us more about exactly in what way each of the faders were broken?

The GC one was crooked and difficult to move, sometimes it would make contact and the values would change if you pushed it hard. If you slid it normally it would scrape along and not change anything. The TE one moves smoothly and feels normal but seems to make no contact at all. I can’t get the values to change even with more pressure.

2 Likes

damn that stinks. are you sure the TE one isn’t changing the values? it can be tough to tell sometimes in the mix if its only changing the effect of one group etc. just pointing this out justtt in case. personally i had a moment when i thought my fader didnt work but then i realized i was affecting reverb on one group which had only one snare on it.

1 Like

Well that was misleading!

Didn’t realize it was just a comment, not a demonstration.

i know there has been talk about speakers not working, and mine certainly works but i recall some folks saying theirs was too quiet? how can one tell if theirs is “too quiet?” mine is def not loud, and i can’t tell if its simply normal or not. i guess the reason im even inquiring about it is it struck me as not quiet as loud as i was expecting. i dont think its quiet as loud (or as nice) as the OP1F speaker, if that gives any reference.

1 Like

Got my return label within 2 days, but to my knowledge TE doesn’t offer replacement… just refund

1 Like

Does anybody record this directly into their iPhone, into an app like GarageBand? I’m looking into options, and see iRig is a popular interface? Anybody have experience with that? Would that be the easiest/cheapest way?

mine was incredibly loud, my main volume knob was at 5-10% maybe

Edit: talking about output volume with headphones, misread the question

1 Like

Fader movement is always shown on the left side of the display regardless of what it is controlling.

2 Likes

Might see if there’s a free decibel meter app for your phone.

List the model/brand of your phone and provide the distance from you phone and the KOii, including any orientation notes so someone else can replicate and provide a comparison

Otherwise, buy a 2nd one, or convince a friend that they need one too and compare that.

Might even be able to leave out the app and just provide distance/orientation placement and record audio to compare.

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately, I’m certain

1 Like

Not worrying about my fader or knobs anymore while on the go.:ok_hand:t4: It’ll look better when the rest of my legos arrive. They sent the smooth plates and a few other flats in a separate package from Denmark for some reason. I may leave it like this with the screen showing.

17 Likes

super compressed beat tonight. i went to the ballet and saw the nutcracker the other night and i realized ive been using more wind/orchestral instruments in my tunes since then. gotta get out there and absorb the arts more often

20 Likes