Teenage Engineering EP-133 K.O. II

browsing samples seem pretty terrible.

5 Likes

i think a lot of people will be making really cool shit with this device… Especially those PO-33 wizards!

5 Likes

How is it for free form loops and stuff @MichaalHell ? If you’re not into the sequencer so much, how’s it for blackbox-style asynchronous launching and stopping of loops?

Of course glad they haven’t, but surprised this is not the field sampler costing 999 :joy:

2 Likes

What do you like the most about this device?
It’s most unique pros?

Sorry thinking of computer lingo. I guess conversion rate. E.g how much space a 5MB sample takes up on the device. 5MB would be about 1.6MB on Digitakt.

For me it looks lovely, but I think if I save up more a sp404mk2 would be better for the money

5 Likes

I wouldn’t mind some music. Cuckoo’s great but I’d love some more, from others :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Their website is struggling badly. Deffo want to buy this one. Price point is sweet. But it doesnt want to sell me one…

there´s no looping of samples on this device… so i´d say stick with the BB for now…

The biggest Feature request from us Beta testers has been sample looping and resampling and TE is looking into it with no promise of it ever being a feature though.

12 Likes

So it’s a one shot affair?

1 Like

Is this the best day of your life?

5 Likes

According to the Cuckoo video he said it can stay alive off 6 AAA batteries for maybe 20 hours (which he said Teenage Engineering told him that).

Compare to the 2 hour battery life on the SP-404 MK2 with 6 AAAs. This is gonna be a portable sampling beast

12 Likes

I haven’t been able to find if you can do something similar to p-locking with the device? Anybody knows?

1 Like

Yes, and it’s my birthday!!

20 Likes

Happy birthday!! I can’t figure out which pocket it’s going to fit in though!? < ahem > “operate from”

1 Like

the FX are really cool and unique imo opinion. it feels like the SP 202 was the inspiration but with TE´s twist…

You can change time signatures on the device 3/4, 6/8 and so, LOVE that!

You can change Group patterns induvidually so if you have a song consisting of patterns on Group A-D, you can then transition by changing patterns on one group at a time.

99 Bars is pretty great imo, you can record a really long pattern from something like the OP-Z or T-1 and then store it on the EP for instance.

Edit: i forgot the coolest of them all.

Punch in FX with aftertouch… so you can for instance change the re-trig speed by pressing harder on the pad

17 Likes

All of them!

1 Like

Damn. They might have got me with this.

12 Likes

Oh this is amazing

1 Like