Teenage Engeering PO-33 Sampler

I have all 9 PO’s, except my PO12 broke (the battery clip on the left side snapped off due to wear).

I could imagine one could easily pull off some sort of a gig with just the 3 30-series POs. Best series yet!

2 Likes

PO-33 has retrig on slots 9-16, the “drum” slots.

EDIT: Saw you said retrig FX… has those too!

1 Like

I think he’s referring to the ”retrig pattern” FX?

PO-33 has that if I’m thinking of the right thing.

2 Likes

3 Likes

You ‘triggered’ this for me…

3 Likes

Thought I would share another K.O. beat…I feel like I’m playing a video game when I use it, it’s so much fun…beat is 6 bars/sequences - jammin on effects…oh, recorded myself playing into the 404sx & tapped the sx tape echo on the snare here & there (all other effects are K.O.) - sounds used are from my vinyl.

1 Like

Although this whole thing was done inside the OP-1, the basis for all of the tracks (track 1) is PO-33. Lots of PO-35 in here too.

9 Likes

I’ve been digging your stuff! you have original style man

rsp

2 Likes

Hello. Ordered.
I would like to know what is the maximum pitch up, and down.

I found a readable manual. :sketchy:
download_342832.pdf (379.2 KB)

I can’t remember, but it’s more than the Octatrack :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Love that little jigga man sample. And polow da don from throw some ds!

1 Like

More than 1 octave up then?
Apparently no values for pitch tuning and fixed scale, +11 semitone, or more?

Yeah, I’m pretty sure it goes more than one octave up, but it’s been a while since I used it so I may be wrong!

It’s a fixed scale, but there is also a pitch parameter that is independent to the chromatic notes (ie. you can record a melody in and then re-tune it using the pitch knob).

As a result, the fixed scale isn’t a problem, as you can change which note is the root in order to make it seem like other scales.

2 Likes

That’s what I understood, thanks. Just need to know the max retune then.

Ok, just checked on mine (after replacing the leaky batteries, oops!) and the pitch knob has a 2-octave range. Coupled with the note entry, this makes almost 4 octaves, 2 in either direction. I say almost, because it doesn’t go all the way up to the root note on the upper end of the scale. If your sample is a C4, the highest you’ll be able to play is a B5 (+23 semitones).

2 Likes

Thanks. I just received it but it seems buggy.
Can anybody confirm?

It is a b-stock. I made a factory reset but it did not solve the problem : the seq only light up 3 7 11 15 and 4 8 12 16 columns.
If I set 1 5 9 13 or 2 6 10 14 buttons, they are not displayed, except if I use both columns.

@darenager confirmed. I sent it back. :slightly_frowning_face:

I have the choice between PO33 and PO35.
Is the 33 the most intuitive for my 6 years old son?

I don’t think either are super intuitive for a kid since the editing options are quite deep but hidden behind an obscure interface. Don’t rule out the older POs - I was recently gifted a PO-14 (sub) and it’s way more fun and immediate than the newer ones.

2 Likes