Teenage Engeering PO-33 Sampler

The cheapest I can see the case is £40 with postage. Seems very expensive, is it worth buying at that price ?

You might enjoy this then:

He made some of the factory patterns and interviews the (genius) dev who made the sounds.

2 Likes

Yeah I watched that and must admit I didn’t understand anything. Was he trying to say it’s difficult to make presets because of technical limitations ? Err why not just put in some samples? It’s a sampler no…

If I understand correctly, the melodic presets aren’t samples, but little synth engines so they don’t take up much room in the memory like samples would

3 Likes

Is it possible to sync the PO-33 to Digitakt? How is it done?

TIA

Maybe use another device that has midi in and sync out like a volca or minilogue?

Then midi from digitakt to volca/minilogue and sync from that to po 33?

Thanks, but unfortunately I don’t own either…

So just DT<>PO is not possible ?

1 Like

Thoughts on Speak Vs KO? Still on the fence. The weirdness of Speak appeals to me more though.

I’m not sure, was sort of asking that as a question and a suggestion as I’d like to do the same but it’s the only solution I can think of

I don’t own any either so can’t test it

1 Like

PO only accepts pulse sync, guess you could make it work by sacrificing one track and channel on the DT and hard-panning it

2 Likes

Thanks @muzka and @Anfim , something to think about…

That haq attack video that @hotscience posted gave me GAS

1 Like

The KO is cool, but the Speak is by far my favourite. The vocal sounds are genuinely usable, especially when they’re sampled straight into my DT.

1 Like

I really love my 33. Sampled my doumbek, crappy out of tune kalimba and some of my daughters toys, making a cracking glitch hop beat in no time. At first I didn’t like it but I’m obsessed now!

1 Like

Playing with this little guy all day makes me really pine for the future TE super sampler. I really feel like they could make such a banging full blown sampler with the ease of use and fast workflow of this lil badass

3 Likes

OP-Z maybe!!

It could be possible if you used a sample of the correct type to the PO, but then how would you route the audio, the DT has no seperate outs

Technically it has two separate outs :stuck_out_tongue:

You could use the DIN sync out, build a custom cable and sync box that uses a clock divider to slow the sync pulse down to the PO’s sync speed… I did this for monomachine MIDI out to nanoloop, it worked well.

Some info here:

You’d need to use a different configuration for the clock divider (as it’s something like 24ppqn to 2ppqn for DIN sync -> PO, instead of 48ppqn to 12ppqn for MIDI -> nanoloop) but it’ll still work.

1 Like

Definitely keeping an eye on that one. If it has some real sampling mojo I’ll start saving up for it! But for now I’m in hog heaven with this lil gangsta

2 Likes

I just order the KO today, pumped for this thing. I love cheap, little music making devices, so much fun. & I can’t believe the features packed into this thing.

1 Like