Techno so stale and generic that originator don't know his own work

Nice, I’ll be putting ice on that for a week.

2 Likes

Do you get notified of every flag thrown or just posts hidden?

Answered here

every flag

EDIT: Hooooly…

What is the largest number you have ever seen encircled in red?

1 Like

One does not simply make himself cool and edgy…

1 Like

This thread became such a trainwreck! Just as the 1st-reply-prophecy foretold. :crystal_ball:

2 Likes

Looks like Aphex Twin was right, people dont talk about electronic music… They write about it on the internet… :wink:

5 Likes

I have a gift.

:sunglasses:

But no more popcorn.

Aphex who???

2 Likes

This is devolving rather quickly

I’ve had a lovely afternoon folks, off to watch the football now.
Cheers.

Get off my lawn!

2 Likes

I mean sure this thread is a train wreck, but it’s 100 times more palatable than the plethora of threads bemoaning the lack of overbridge.

8 Likes

this story is the best imaginable metaphor of 2000s/2010s music in general and techno in particular.

1 Like

Elektronauts never disappoints with a good old tear up every few months. If we make it more regular Elektron could start charging a subscription and tell their board of investors they found another new revenue
stream.

I wonder how many tracks Jeff Mills made the last 20 years, that never got released… Hundreds, or thousands? Can’t be easy remembering every one. That being said, maybe he needs a better backup system.

Over the last 20 years, I think I’ve probably made around 500 or so. I have about 250 or so saved and numbered in historical order. (kinda funny to go way back :smiley: )

So someone like Jeff who actually performed (as opposed to myself) and made a name for himself, I would guess easily in the four digits.

2 Likes

I had fun reading this thread & I have no idea who Jeff Mills is :open_mouth:

Is his music really that stale & generic or was the track he put on his album just similar to his style?

I’m interested in listening to this album now :rofl:
Might be bad marketing, but hey, it’s still marketing!!!
Even if it wasn’t on purpose

4 Likes

He was an innovator in the somewhat minimal German techno scene of the early 90s and on. He’s well known in certain circles, and certainly has his share of influential music in that scene. I’ve seen him several times here in the US, and it was always a good set. Talented guy, and I think that’s why this is even a point of interest. One of those “Oh how the mighty have fallen things” only none of us really knows why it happened. Also, if he put it right, who cares?

2 Likes

Wait, Detroit is in Germany?!

12 Likes

Look up Tresor.

It’s [not that] complicated perhaps.