Techno so stale and generic that originator don't know his own work

the man did the right thing and future versions of the record will have correct artist credits. That swedish guy just became big af!

6 Likes

A record no one cared about suddenly became relevant for a few days :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Spoilsport.
:wink:

think of it as a giant arrow in the street that takes 3 lanes down to 1.
They’ll still get through, no doubt, but slower.

2 Likes

I guess it is pretty easily done when your are an artist so prolific and busy as Mills, especially given the nature of this kind of techno, where quite often lots of the same sounds, concepts, tempo and production values define it.

Also this is only 1 very narrow slice of the vast genre of techno, and I’d say that it is also one of the styles where it is a requirement for lots of tracks to sound very similar.

Personally I never really got into that sound because it is very specific and quite narrow focussed, amongst other reasons, but there is little that can compete with it in certain scenarios, so there will probably still be a demand for such techno for a good few more years yet.

5 Likes

Does the world need more electronic music at all ?

1 Like

Yes, please.

6 Likes

Couldn’t help but think about this too. This whole thing sounds like a bit of a marketing strategy.
Pure speculation of course!

3 Likes

As long as it’s fresh, why not?

There… You knew the answer already.

1 Like

Then it’s bad marketing. But hey, everything is possible in techno land.

Anyone remembers the Emmanuel/Tresor fraud? The guy still plays big venues despite his shady behavior.

I wouldn’t call “bleepy monosynth arp over 909 drums” fresh though. It was fresh 25 years ago.

Maybe this was just some good old (accidental) Detroit payback for Knights of the Jaguar.

5 Likes

Makes sense now ha ha. That was a crap move back then.

Now that was a tune.

2 Likes

If it’s original, and not the same old thing rehashed, then yes. Otherwise no - well I suppose that the CSI tv series always needs their generic electronic backing music.

I cant relate with the way you think. If it was good 25 years ago, why should it be bad today ? True, I don’t care about things being “fresh”. If I was I would have stopped listening to any electronic stuff by the end of the 90s.

1 Like

What!?
But then you’d miss out on the singular joy of brostep…

5 Likes

Actually I think I missed it. On purpose. But I’m sure it was “fresh” :grin:

The freshest.

Fam.

1 Like