Techno Lover! Looking for tips/advice on learning how to model sounds with the AF

At this point the A4 is likely to be my only instrument for the foreseeable future, so Ive been concentrating on building a series of patterns and kits to use for a live set.

Ive found the above quoted to be true. Ive spent all my music making time lately just w the A4 and Im many times more proficient and creative with it than I was a month ago.

3 Likes

J_C – /Toast3r - Thanks a lot man, means a lot!

Nystagmus – That’s a cool vid – thanks for sharing it.

Adam – I’ve been buying/admiring your tracks for years so any advice from yourself is warmly appreciated – Keep up the good work.

I’ve just finished another track. Feel the kick is hammering hard on this (using generous helpings of distortion).

Onwards and upwards…

2 Likes

Bumping this thread!

Everyone, I’m getting to grips with the AF and starting to see good results. However I would like to use the distortion from the RYM on on sounds coming from the AF. How do I set up the routing in Overbridge to route the AF’s sounds thought the RYTM’s effects/distortion?

Cheers!

First step is to enable an output to rytm for the track you want to use in the OB control panel and hit apply. You’ll want to disable synth and sample in the trig page to just have the audio your sending be heard… I don’t use OB that much but when I do I use it as an audio interface tied by aggregate device to my main interface within Logic X. With that method I just choose the output channel for the track accordingly and another track set up as input for the return, either the single channel or mains…
Can’t help with ableton plugin setup, if that’s what your after…

Open_Mike, many thanks for the reply, Ive enabled an output on the RYTM control panel but yeah I need some advice on the settings within Ableton.

I’ve created an audio track and can set the audio from the AF but the ‘audio to’ does not list the output channel (CY/CB/11/12) - only side chain 1/2, side chain 3/4, etc.

I attempted to use the main AF midi channel to send to the AR but the audio to only lists the side chain options.

I’ve attached two screen shots.

Can someone help with the Ableton side of this?

Thanks all!

1 Like