Technique: pickup mayhem

Does anyone know if this loop-doubling function has been returned to the mk2 yet?

1 Like

The latest downloadable OS (1.30C) is from Nov/2017, so “No”.

I wonder why 1.30D got never officially released (you can get it only pre-installed or by requesting it from support). But I’ll guess it’s also too old to contain this feature re-enabled.

I have 1.30D pre-reinstalled. Let me check to see if it works.

EDIT: no.

1 Like

so this functionality is still absent on mkii with current OS?

Not the functionality itself is absent but the access to this functionality from OT’s panel buttons.
Looks like you can still multiple pickup loop’s length from midi controller or midi loopback.
I haven’t tried yet.

2 Likes

Current OS is 1.31
Anyone knows if this function is back in business?
Im traveling at the moment,so cant update-check,but curious if i can get it rolling if im back home…
Anyone has 1.31 who can confirm?

With MKII? No button combination for that.
With external midi message? I only tested with Track + Midi button combination, MKI.

Mk2…on Mk1 the function is still there…
@dmon contacted support team and they told him/her:
“This functionality had to be removed temporarily on the MK2 but it will return.”
Was wondering if with 1.31 it returned…
If not im going to try the midi loopback way @WeirdFishes recommended.

1 Like

1.31 was only the screensaver for the oled. Still hasn’t been returned yet.

2 Likes

Thanks for clearing that @astricii!
Oh well…than midi loopback it is…
@WeirdFishes can you confirm that it works with midi loopback,did you try it?or anyone else for that matter?
Gonna try it sunday if im back,and report…

Seems as long as you can send Midi note F4 on the channel of the pickup machine you should be set?

3 Likes

Yes, it still works on MKII, 1.31.
I just sent F4 (65) note both from midi controller and from OTs midi track with midi loopback and every time the operation has doubled PU track’s lenght.

image image image

4 Likes

Yaaay!
Thanks a lot!
Cant wait to get back and try this!
Cheers!

1 Like

@WeirdFishes nice proof!
The fact that Multiply display is shown even in midi mode is practical.
I found interesting to use midi play free tracks to control recorders. Can be quantized.
You can set a midi plays free track to send F4.

1 Like

Old thread and has probably been covered elsewhere but on the MK2 on firmware 1.40A multiply works by pressing the Track button and Rec3.

It’s not it but this reminds me of the Gibson Echoplex, start with a tiny loop, multiply it out and loop a longer phrase on top…add all that to Merlins mayhem.

2 Likes