Teaser videos

Am I the only one who friggin’ hate them? Put a full overview of your product out, not just a little film of an oscilator or some guy praising the product, so I can decide werther to save up my money for the damned thing or spend it all on something else… Argh…

2 Likes

Agreed. The recent behringer ones have been OK but the Elektron mega Cryptic one sucks. Just gets people imagining their ideal hardware is possibly coming and holding off on other purchases just in case. Pretty good recipe for disappointing a ton of people!

Can’t deny that they’re pretty effective in getting people talking though, which I guess is the point.

Behringer synth campaign has been a tour de force … you can see people all over the internet going from “meh, Behringer vapourware probably”, to “another monosynth, whatever”, to “oh it’s a poly, probably only four voice though”, to “12 voices oh shit waddup … want”.

2 Likes

Yeah the Elektron one has Def got people talking! The thing with Hype though is the instant comedown if the product doesn’t live up to what people are imagining… Could potently be a huge ‘meh…’ en masse if the Elektron thing is nothing special/not what people have been imagining/hoping. Elektron have a strong track record for unique boxes tho so that’s probably unlikely and we’ll all find a reason to get/want it even if we don’t really need it :wink:

1 Like

If Devine finds some interest in the Behringer, I feel like it should be rather solid.
I really like these teasers and how they build upon each other.

Thing about teasers is that it can build frustration, if you don’t take them for what they are, i.e. marketing technique.
Teasers are fun but you shouldn’t let them make you feel bad IMO.

I have already much more gear than I need.
All I’m lacking of is time and energy, now.
No gear is gonna give me this :smiley:

3 Likes

I enjoy the excitement of knowing a surprise is around the corner.

1 Like

The Behringer ones have been solid. and constant. On every week since the first one. The elektron teasers always seem to be at random times and never very close together. So people talk, get board and frustrated with the lack of updates.

Teasers are fine and fun, but they’re most effective when 1. they actually reveal something and 2. solid information follows relative quickly.

I don’t like the idea off let the people do the marketing job for the companies. That viral marketing idea is boring now. For sure they gain some attention, but if a company sell one unit more with such a marketing is the other question. I am only wondering how many people want to spend money without idea what it is. Same people are crying as early adopters because they have bought a half baken product. World is really crazy nowadays…

I thought the Rytm teasers were better. Seeing the multicolored pads under the frosted glass box at least indicated SOMETHING about the machine.

And it made me want to know what was under the #%*$@ box.

1 Like

After the Octatrack promo all others pale in comparison! Loved that vid.
The A4 one was pretty dark too.
Did not care for the choreographed Rytm vid, meh

I miss Hector :sob:

2 Likes

I loved the A4 video and it’s what garnered my attention to Elektron as a company. I love performance art and Elektron certainly shows their creativity in such teasers.

I think it would be even more fun if Elektron were to make a virtual scavenger hunt for the new device somewhere on planet earth, anywhere. Extreme Sports in order to reach the actual device and only when it’s been captured will it go into full production.

1 Like

So you basically want Pokemon Go, the Elektron Edition? :yum:

Personally … i dont know what this recent teaser wants to tell me. I would expect something about Strings - guitars were shown - and a violin? - so i think it has to do with strings … :slight_smile: But i just thought about that for short and forgot it again. It will not hype me. Im also a passionate Gamer and in the Gaming Industry hyping is everything thats left anymore, so this is not new for me. I simply ignore it and have a look when actual infos are out. That way everythings fine and i dont need to save up money for something i have no clue about. I care about that when there IS something to care about :wink:

Teaser are real fun… And i really like the new one… actually it makes me think, there is something coming that i actually miss in the studio :-))

But yeah, what behringer did well is a quick built up… i think the timing here was perfect!.. for electron this is maybe about a release date issue. the new elec box will probably come for christmas or in the 1st quarter 2017?.. so maybe the teaser is way to early… and people forget fast… so half of us will forget, there is something new coming in 2-3 weeks and the rest is pissed, because they are waiting and dont get more information… :-))
mmmhh… and if they give us the information, everybody is pissed, because it needs so long time to buy it :-))
lets see how they makes us happy again :-))

Yeah hector all the way - octatrack promo was a classic

Hadn’t seen this before. Yeah that teaser is next level. Totally different class to the recent one with the kind of cliche visual FX and no clear hint of what the product is etc. After seeing this octatrack teaser I’m thinking maybe it’ll unfold in to a story or something though…

1 Like

I don’t mind them either way. I just sit up, get excited about “OOOooooo new toy” and then get back to making music. Effective way to distract one from the wait.

3 Likes