Tc helicon voice live touch 2

does anyone have here have experience with these? i am looking for a vocal processor, to layer pitched-down vocoder type vocals over my tracks.

options so far are this or the roland vt-3. lots of videos showing what the vt-3 can do. looks great, but most of the voice live touch vids are for real vocalists. lol. so i would like to hear what others have to say.

I own one and use it a lot. It took me a while to get properly familiar with it, but now that I know my way around it the interface is OK. There is no on/off switch and no mute button, which I find annoying.

I get what to my ears sounds like a good-quality vocal sound from it when I use it with little effects. At first I was troubled with a noisy background hiss, but after replacing the line out cables with some expensive balanced ones the hiss went away completely (even when connecting it to the unbalanced ins on the Octatrack).

My wife can sing, but I can’t, so when I use it with my own voice, I’m either heavy-handed on autotune or use it for more creative purposes. You can play midi notes for pitch or for harmonies etc, so I often use the OT midi sequencer to lay down some chords or melody parts and then just make what is probably more accurately described as atonal grunting than actual singing and still end up with something useful.

The looper is tempo syncable, and you can hit play/record etc on that step-quantized. You can also control the looper with midi, so sometimes I use an OT midi track for that. Unfortunately, you can’t save your recorded loop layers, so I usually sample them to the OT at some stage. Neither can you adjust the relative volumes for each loop layer.

1 Like