As mentioned in latest purchases I’m restoring one of my 303s, it was bought in 2005 as a wreck that came from a hire companies service department, it had no CPU, missing pots, and a few ICs had been harvested from it. It was in a sorry state.
I fixed it up and added a acidlab mod kit, unfortunately the kit wasn’t built onto a pcb so there were lots of flying wires inside and it was a bit flakey, then it stopped working so I put it away with the intention of fixing it one day. Years passed, it needed a new case as the old one was a bit knackered, so recently I decided to get a alu RE-303 case and fix her up.
This 303 always sounded the best of any that I owned, the resonance and filter interactions were somehow always sounding more “emotional”
Anyway so a few days back the case arrived from Kumptronics and I set to work, I decided to remove all the acidlab mods and do a proper restoration.
Once I removed all the mods it was then a case of figuring out why there was no sound, a cut trace was the culprit, so I fixed that and now there was no resonance, I fitted a resistor and bingo she sprang to life!
Progress so far: