Tascam Model 12/16/24 owners, can you confirm my issue?

I’m afraid I can’t answer that, as I no longer have a Model 12 (it was awesome, but I needed more channels).

1 Like

I don’t think the Korgs record, do they? I believe they are just mixers.

They don’t have recorders, but that made them seem more in keeping with what @leff was after.

However, I just re-read the marketing page and now I’m not even sure they output the individual channels over USB (which is maybe what you meant by “don’t record”). In which case I’m sorry, and completely off the mark. They’re rubbish: don’t buy them :smiley:.

I’m open to recommendations for “mixers, with some stereo channels, which are also audio I/o”.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I meant when I said they don’t record. It would’ve been nice if they had at least included recording over USB, because it seems like they used really good components, and the sound quality should be really good through the Korgs.

1 Like

Yes, but doing so does not disable the main outputs on the back. So you can hear the main mix over either headphone out, but if you’ve got monitors plugged into the mains on the back, you’ll hear it over those, too.

Which I’ve found is always somehow the opposite of what I want, but it’s how it works. ¯\(ツ)

2 Likes

Thanks @Scot_Solida and @jemmons

Here’s a list of multitrack mixers.

The soundcraft mtks get savaged in another electron thread so I kinda stopped looking at them, this review says they’re ok. Need to feel one in the flesh :slight_smile:

Again it says monitoring from DAW with no latency, I’m not sure how this is achieved, or if it’s just marketing hyperbole, a round trip to DAW via USB is gonna have latency galore surely. I searched out one of the discontinued Focuseite thunderbolts to reduce latency so not sure how Soundcraft could be claiming no latency at all from this desk with DAW plugins.

Other options include the zoom which I need to look into as it looks ok at first glance.

Thanks for replies re the Tascam. It being the newest is a real plus, but it’s more expensive and digital only on the 12 :woman_shrugging:t2:

Re the computer, don’t you have to get (ideally) the individual tracks to computer for a final mix and sparkle? Are you doing all mixing and effects on the desk, recording internally and then sending off to mastering etc without going into a DAW?

Thanks for the links. I’ll check that thread out.