Tartini Electronic production contest! (/w sampels & prizes)

Dear Nauts,

Here’s an exciting challenge for you: The Slovenian Tartini Electronic festival that takes place 14-15 October, has organized a music production contest and they would love for this community to participate as well :slight_smile:
There’s a pretty extensive sample pack that you must use for this that I created for them based on their field recordings and recordings of a violin that plays parts of a composition by Giuseppe Tartini.

All the information regarding participating in this contest and the sample pack can be found here:

http://cancostiera.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3593

A little bit of background: information:
Tartini was a virtuoze violinist and composer and is a national hero in Slovenia. They have festivals celebrating his life and life’s work. This particular festival seeks to connect electronic music with the classical violin compositions of Tartini to connect with youth and introduce them to the works of Tartini. Additionally for this festival they want to spread the word about the composer to Europe. I was asked to help create a sample pack and to give a masterclass and performance during the festival (so if you live nearby, let’s meetup!)

The goal:
The goal is not to deliver a perfectly finished electronic piece of music. Sketches, loops and general ideas created with the sample pack (and any additional instruments) are also very welcome to send in. So don’t worry about the short timeline. Just have fun with the samples and enter the contest :slight_smile: . Also feel free to share this contest announcement with your friends.

Prizes
The top 3 chosen by a jury will receive money prizes. These are still being determined so I cannot share these yet. I will add them here once it’s official.

The sample pack
Can be found at the bottom of the linked page.

Would be really cool to see what Nauts can cook up with a bunch of violin samples combined with the field recordings made in the city of Piran where the Festival is held.

Leave a message if you are participating and if you do, don’t hesitate to post your creations in this topic!

Cheers,
David

22 Likes

This sounds cool. Thanks for the heads up! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Cool stuff, might have to make an attempt at losing this competition :smiley:

Now where did i put that digitakt

3 Likes

short deadline but might give it a try if things align :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Nice! Can’t wait to hear what you come up with

1 Like

Cool ! Even ideas and sketches are welcome :+1:

Let’s go :raised_hands:t2:

2 Likes

Nice :smiley:

Hoping to see more participants . The sample pack is really cool :). I’ll be using it for the live set that I’m going to perform there.

2 Likes

Rad im in!

3 Likes

I’m having a blast messing around with this, there will be a hardware trance entry, just have to practise enough to record it :grin:

2 Likes

Question : are the Samples Mono or Stereo or a mix of both?

1 Like

They are a mix of both depending on the source. Mostly stereo.

1 Like

Awesome, looking forward to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

@DaveMech do you know if the entrys will be available to listen to anywhere?

1 Like

Can we add sounds from synths to mix with the provided sample pack?

Yeap. All instructions are provided in the link. You can add any of your own sounds. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure. I’ll ask!

If this is allowed by the competition holders, i probably will :slight_smile: but probably after the competition is over? :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah probably best after the contest yeah :slight_smile:

1 Like

I gave a try, just saw the thread today but emergency is a good teacher :wink:

2 Likes