Tarekith hints at new AR sequencer features

What software is that? Genuine question.

I think you should respond with what you think is two “good and interesting” examples of analog hi hats using “machine+filter+envelopes+overdrive+lfo”

…because I struggle getting much out of them, and I am always wanting to learn more.

This is, without any doubt, an absolutely fair point.
:+1:

Could you post some examples of good hi hats especially cymbals. If I would hear some sounds coming from the rytm that convince me I would dig as long as it takes.
I just don’t like the ideate that I have to get back to tr samples for this all the time and have no proper use for the engines. I love the way samples sound through the rytm and it is way more convenient to use a tr emulation plugin which takes 1 second to load

I love the RYTM for many reasons but I agree 100%, the hi hats are garbage. Check out the drum-synthesis based hi hats that came with NI maschine’s updates. absolutely amazing, especially for digital synthesis. I would LOVE it if Rytm had sounds like that

:+1: [/quote]
Normally I would completely disagree with this, and for the most part, I still do. I am generally of the camp of buying a product for what it is, not what I hope it might be one day.
BUT
elektron make a bit of a rod for their own back, in this regard by promising things that they don’t subsequently deliver on (eg. ring mod bass drum, overoptimistic timelines etc.). This creates expectation and then disappointment. Disappointment leads to fear, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate etc.
I’m a happy enough customer, but if I bought a RYTM at launch in anticipation of the recently announced overbridge to use in logic, I think I’d be justifiably a little peeved by now. They aren’t the only synth company that do this by any means (eg. DSI )
It might be worth taking a leaf out of Roland’s book here. Keep schtum. Say nowt. No-one expected the tr-8 to get expanded, and then everyone was pleased (and happy to pay for it) when it did.

If elektron just released these sequencer updates with no preamble/missed timelines etc. I reckon everyone would be falling at their feet. But I’m sure they are doing just fine as a company and don’t need any marketing tips from me.

Hmm sure you’re entitled to your opinion, no doubt.

But mine was actually based on the RYTM as a hardware device. Elektron has always promoted the “lets get away from your computer” brand. Now it’s a “lets integrate your computer in a very elegant way to our hardware” brand, and that’s fine, but it’s a big change.

Their commitment to the former was so huge that there would be occasional dick measuring contests on their forums about who was more OTB than the next guy…

This year has seen an overwhelming commitment to the latter, and hardly any to the former.

So, in light of this, I can completely understand the posters perspective.

good point! … maybe since none of those participants posted anything on social media, they had to sign a non disclosure agreement … were you at DAVE? cheers bro[/quote]
yes I was there. I´m the organizer / promoter of DAVE workshop camp and invited Cenk :wink:

And “it was allowed to talk” (sounds strange in a way) about the new features he showed at the workshop. You will find my posts about this here in the forum. So looking forward to the new overbridge and sequencer things to come.

It’s exactly the point.

I buy gear according to the spec and I am not allowing promises to sell me a product. I pay for gear to make music now and not some day in the future. If the gear is okay for me “as is”, I take it “as is”, and if there are some stories about upcoming improvements, I watch the news, but there is no risk of getting disappointed.

TBO I like leakings, but I don’t give anything on it. History is full of failure and late deliveries. If it comes true, it will make me happy and if doesn’t, no problem at all. A little sorry perhaps, but not more.

But I think, many people are different, because I have seen so many complaints on the web about leaking features, not fulfilling as expected, and then hatred postings. This does not go well with the reputation of a company.

This said, at the end of the day the only wise way seems to be, to announce only what is ready to go.

I do think it’d be wiser for Elektron to ‘under-sell and over-deliver’ rather than doing the opposite by making optimistic announcements/timelines that they’re not able to meet.
I guess they just get excited and then Hofstadter’s Law comes into effect.

I’m busy with commissions at the mo’ but will happily share some hi-hats with you if I get some spare hours over Xmas.
Is there anything in particular that you’d consider a good hi-hat? I’ll try to make something similar if so.

I know waiting sucks and I got my first Elektron (A4) last year with the promise of Overbridge being part of my reason to chose it.
I’m mostly a Logic user so having to record in Live (which I’m not v comfortable making tracks in) has been annoying but I really think the Analog machines are very good and capable as they are so rather than stress about how things will improve with future updates I prefer to spend my time getting deeper into the features that work fine in the now.
With this mentality every update is received gratefully but I don’t worry too much about when it’s gonna happen.

The Maschine Drumsynths are awesome. I was hoping for something like that :frowning:

:+1: [/quote]
This creates expectation and then disappointment. Disappointment leads to fear, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate etc.
I[/quote]
I see what you did there, nice timing :joy: .

Fact is they have lost some of the credibility they had built with long term customers with the OB fiasco, and theres no doubt imo it is a fiasco.

Little bit silly I feel, to be moaning about the lack of extra synth engines for drum synthesis in the Rytm. Baring in mind that soon we will be able to multitrack audio into the full pathways, does it actually matter at all? I mean, you will be able run Maschine straight through it, get all the colour and flavour you want, then bounce it back. I admit it’s not ideal for those using this for purely live performance, but if thats the case and you dont want a PC, use that money for a MD if you want expanded synth options. If you do use a computer though, even for live, there are ways to make it work. Seems like a moot point to me.

It seems there is still a long way to go for a fully functional Overbridge and 50% of the users are not interested in Overbridge… Also what about the public beta? And then the external factors like Mac OS / Windows OS and DAW upgrades. Elektron’s focus on hardware is gone…

Personally i like to use Overbridge for my jam set-up with Ableton Push 2 Live Suite.

So far Overbridge is doomed…

use that money for a MD if you want expanded synth options.

If a person wants MD he buys MD. Apples and oranges really. The problem is that Elektron promised new machine types, but instead it was, like, 2 years of OB development which is still less than half-assed. To be fair to Elektron and the title of this thread, they throw in new sequencing options, which is a pleasant surprise and the way to go (hopefully)

Originally I was super excited about Overbridge. Then I realized I would always record via direct audio since my soundcard’s AD converters are better than the RYTM’s. I think they should have made Overbridge originally with just the librarian and the ability to twist the knobs on your computer monitor. At least for me because thats the only way I will be using Overbridge.

I think everybody could wait for track streaming since its not new functionality just a more convenient to press tracks at once to different channels. And this was for sure the hardest thing to implement.
Moving samples using C6 into the Rytm is the worfklow killer for me and why I can’t wait for OB 1.1 to finally come out. But I definitely would have preferred more synthesis machines. over OB any day.

As for those who say “why does it matter, you can use samples?” Well I didnt buy the Rytm for just samples, I can use Maschine for that. I realize Rytm thickens up samples nicely but for $1500 I expected a full fledged analog drum-synthesis monster. In that respect, Rytm doesn’t feel complete to me yet. The significantly cheaper MFB Tanzbar has some engines I wish Rytm would have

:+1:

And yet lacks in countless other ways to Rytm’s capabilities.
Apples and oranges, blah blah blah Appreciate things for what they are, blah blah blah. This place is a broken record.

Not to make things more heated, but I think they clarified that 1.1 wouldn’t change the way samples are loaded onto the Rytm

Locking this thread due to massive off-topic discussions.