Tap Tempo in via CC?

I want to pass the Tap Tempo from a MIDI pad I have to the M:S via one of the CCs in the Playback Parameters or something, but it seems not possible. Any ideas?

There does not appear to be a way to tap in tempo via MIDI. Nothing in the quick skim of the MIDI implementation that I read anyway.

Which “MIDI pad” are you using?

A Roland SPD-SX, though I have a Midihub so I can transform that Midi note into something else.

The SPD-SX only sends MIDI Note messages. The M:S needs to receive MIDI Clock messages. Your Midihub or other device would need to convert Note messages to Clock messages and increase the rate by a factor of 24 if you are tapping the pad at quarter-note intervals.

Perhaps a Midihub user like @Jukka could advise you about that.

Yeah, I could theoretically send 24 clock messages on each hit - but the division between clock hits would be arbitrary, and not actually in line with a tempo.

Definitely curious to see what others have come up with, but it seems like a CC note (like in the index) could theoretically be passed through to the M:S and mapped to the Tap Tempo function.