Talking Digitone

By turning the layering on one track, I accidentally got something that sounds like a human voice. It sounds like it’s saying “turns around”. You can hear it in the first few seconds of this track: Turns Around.

Anyone have this experience before?

2 Likes

Man, I can here that but in a way that makes me think I wouldn’t if didn’t use to party all night long back in the day… :rofl:
Sorta like how under special conscious conditions you can here things in Beatles and Pink Floyd tunes that usually aren’t apparent… :grin:
Maybe it’d be more apparent if not through my IPad speaker, I’ll check sometime…

3 Likes

Not really hearing a human like tone but I am hearing some good barking :dog:

2 Likes

It’s pretty much immediately at the start. There’s just a piece of a second with high pitched sounds and it comes in or is pretty much part of those three descending notes, lasts about a second…

I didn’t. I guess that makes me a party pooper

I had suspected

1 Like

Nah… It’s not for everyone it’s pretty extreme…
My ears were calibrated super consciously for maybe two decades… Once you go deep enough for long enough your perception is pretty much altered for good… I feel like a crystalline frequency sensor, wouldn’t have it any other way… :monkey::sparkles::notes::rainbow::peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Last week I was creating some sounds, and the voice in the Digitone said “get out” and then a load of flies all appeared…

3 Likes

Once I saw a guy think the computer was somehow consciously creating the music that was happening at the party… He went right to the screen and started talking to it and lyrics came right back out of the Ableton DJ mix that responded to exactly what he said… Nobody was touching any of the sound gear at the time. :joy: Seriously, minds were blown…

5 Likes

Either I’m projecting the voice onto the sounds (pareidolia), or the digitone spirits are trying to speak to me. :astonished:

3 Likes

I’m right in my description of where is though (post 4), No?
Who else hears it? :thinking: :smile:
Maybe don’t answer me so folks can’t just say sure… Answer later haha…

Not hearing any human voice like sound … maybe it’s a psycho-acoustic effect … some hear it … some not :wink:

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it sounds like a human but there is a voice in those first 3 descending notes… Sounds more like a psychedelic robot. It’s got delay on it…
Turns-A-Round
—1----2----3—

1 Like

I listened again and following your - 1 – 2 – 3- advice, I can at least imagine to hear more … :smiley:

But TBH … it’s not surprising that FM synthesis can create vowel like formants, particularly with the modulation capabilities of an Elektron sequencer.

1 Like

Bump to see if anyone else hears this… :rofl:

No.

If you want to hear synths being made to talk, try some Mike Dred.

1 Like

Maybe this will help.

I’ve isolated what I think I hear to be talking. First the phrase is played once and then, three times in rapid succession.

Turn around

A good imagination is cool, but no.

I heard it in the original and described precisely where it is with no info from OP…
Just sayin…

1 Like

I can here it there as well but it’s much faster and on repeat, I think it more noticeable in the original…
For others, I’ll mention it is extremely subtle…

I don’t think the idea is to make a synth talk as well as one can, this happened by chance…