Tahti.studio – a groovebox for the browser

Well that’s work productivity down until at least next year…

1 Like

Wow, this is incredibly impressive. One of the best sounding web based audio things I’ve used, and also one the most interesting and complete. Really cool that you used SOUL for the DSP.

1 Like

much appreciated :heart: :heart:

just to clarify: the library resides completely on your computer and will never be cleared (unless you do so yourself via the settings or by clearing your browser memory). so added samples and saved patterns should be safe. it’s only the shared pattern links that i won’t promise to keep around forever.

that’s surprising since i’ve never opened tahti on an iPad :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: however, i just updated it to not completely block touch devices, only shows a warning now on first launch.

yes, actually. will add this to the todo list :+1:

ah i see. that’s unfortunately not very easily possible :frowning:

5 Likes

The layout is damn near perfect already on my iPhone. I just can’t see the row containing the transport buttons and tempo section.

1 Like

yoooooo this is dopeeeee lol quick lil microwave beat. love this so far

https://tahti.studio/xzjlrnjq

6 Likes

teaming up tomorrow with https://noisecraft.app/

3 Likes

orbital strings

1 Like

Ok, this is fun

1 Like

@maxjvh aight, so how much money do I have to throw at you so I can use this step sequencer in Ableton??? lol but seriously, if I could use this as a VST for my drums, I could stop eyeing another DT.

Loved, loved, LOVED the DT, but wanted slicing so I got an OT. Ended up missing the Overdrive, Compressor, USB MIDI, and 8x2 layout of the DT, among other things. Swapped the OT for an AR because “Hey, why not? It’s a beefed up DT.”…NOPE. Didn’t like the pads, editing my sample envelopes was not as intuitive as I would’ve liked, and the MIDI capabilities didn’t match the DT.

I’ve come to realize that I mainly love the Elektron sequencer. I was using the DT to make drum patterns, then using two MIDI tracks to sequence a chopped sample and bassline in Ableton. If I had a similar sequencer in Ableton, I might be able to complete this journey of finding the perfect Elektron box. (Actually, the perfect Elektron box is an Analog Heat, but I digress).

This “groovebox” is awesome! If I could enter notes with my computer keyboard to play a bassline unquantized, and chop samples…I might be able to ditch some other tools too lol

GREAT JOB

EDIT: tahti

2 Likes

(Ever tried Drambo ?)

+1000

Nah. Is the step sequencer similar to Elektron?

Not just similar… better !

I’m opening this on my iPhone and can’t find the play button, can anybody help a dummy out?

I would love to hear some feedback from the Dev on your post!!

Top left if I’m not mistaken (from memory). Tiny button. took me a while to find it as well, on a laptop.

will this become an iOS app at least?

1 Like

Really good work!!! UI needs a little attention as I cannot get the solo/mute buttons to work. Would be amazing as an ipad app.

1 Like

I couldn’t find a control to click, but S and M work on a computer keyboard.

@Daevlor @captain8 as much as i’d like to have a plug-in version as well, it requires quite a lot of work even if i were to just embed this user interface in a browser view. i’ll try to make it happen but i also have a full-time job so i can only work on tahti in my free time. same goes for a native mobile version. however, it should be possible to make it work much better in mobile browsers! i really haven’t payed a lot of attention to mobile compatibility yet :smile:

6 Likes