Tahti.studio – a groovebox for the browser

Cool stuff I think this is amazing… Automation Heaven here. Have you figured out if it can do 64 bar or more patterns? I’m uploading my own samples but I’m stuck in a 1 bar loop. I’m sure I’m missing something. Ive figured how to change the timings etc but want to make longer patterns. Cheers

1 Like

Really amazing work on this project! Thanks for sharing it!

1 Like

OH MY GOD I JUST LOST HALF MY DAY (was meant to be working, woops!)

Hey this is awesome its completely up my alley and I am totally smitten with it. Thank you so very much. I love the interface, its everything I love about step sequencers. It has a minimalism to that’s awesome, the hotkeys are intuitive.

I am going to put some serious time into it and see what I come up with.

May I ask what your inspirations were? Why did you make it? Why in a browser format?

2 Likes

You should seriously look into making something like this for the iPadOS. Or maybe get it to work on an iPad :slight_smile: I shared it with the AudioBus forum which is all about making music on iOS :facepunch:t4: :tm: so you may get some weird emails :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

amazing work, this would also work great as a iOS app i think!

1 Like

congratulations, you’re hired!

seriously tho, nice work. you should lose that ‘not available on touch devices’ splash and instead make a more nicer page that explains what the instrument is and tells the page visitor to please check out on desktop browser.

very cool!

1 Like

it can’t! at least yet. however, by using trig conditions (the wake up and sleep params) and sequencer speeds (the duration param) you can make patterns that do have variation way beyond 1 bar. could you send me a DM about the audio balance issue btw? would love to get to the bottom of it.

after falling in love with grooveboxes by a certain Swedish manufacturer, i felt like nothing comparable really existed in the (desktop) software world. i also needed a topic for my thesis and wanted to learn basic DSP by actually doing something useful with it :smile: i’m a web developer professionally and intrigued by the possibilities of modern web audio so trying to do a feature-rich audio app completely in the browser was an interesting project. in hindsight, i’m not sure if writing it for the browser first was such a good idea though; now porting it to native apps or plug-ins is a bit harder…

it almost does already! it just requires a bit more work around some edge cases caused by touch input. of course it wouldn’t be able to communicate with AudioBus from within the browser (afaik), so for that a native app would be required.

thanks, that’s an excellent point!

3 Likes

Man with thousands worth of gear have fun banging beats with a free webapp :joy:

8 Likes

@maxjvh: suggestion (maybe I overlooked it): have spread and offset as mod destinations.

Lovin’it !

2 Likes

great patterns, thanks for sharing! if you mean the stereo spread parameter then that’s already modulatable (it’s called “stereo” in the list). modulating the offset would indeed be nice but it’s a bit difficult technically with the current architecture. i’ll add that to the todo list tho!

1 Like

This is AWESOME, i love it ! is there a way to make it work offline ?

1 Like

I meant the spread besides offset (and the offset as well). But yeah, I get why it can be a problem changing pattern data at near audio rate.

1 Like

This is seriously impressive for a browser based app. Kudos to you mate!
Takes a bit to get going…

1 Like

Very cool piece of software - finally seeing something which takes the established Elektron workflow and its set of parameters to further!

12 Likes

Hold on … is this the syntakt ? :wink:

8 Likes

Hell yeah! I’m gonna see if this would be good for my music production elective in my middle school.

1 Like

Must hide it from the sysadmins, this domain can’t get black listed :eye:

2 Likes

don’t know it exactly but do the AR/A4 and others have a step randomizer? parameters yes, they can

@maxjvh Max, this is really brilliant! It even works on my iPad at this moment.

@Noisebuddy The A4 has no step randomizer, it would be nice to have…

1 Like

@maxjvh keep this thing going it will be massive IMO.

I’m wondering for future features such as permanent sample storage even if the user has to have his own online files somewhere? I don’t wanna upload many of my own in case like it says somewhere that after 1 month the patterns etc are gone but this thing is so good to jam on I don’t want it to just vanish after a short time.

But… @maxjvh you are a genius mate :+1:

1 Like