Synthstrom Audible Deluge [inc. Open Source development]

Does your deleting the comment mean that actually it ‘doesnt’ do those things you mentioned?

Or that you’re in trouble for saying it does?

That everything will be clear once the manual and vids are there :wink: A little bit more patient :stuck_out_tongue: Please don’t repeat what I said if you remember … please :wink:

One thing was certain, if some wishes are not present with the release, it always can be added later on. :wink: They will listen to their customers for sure.

No worries man. Thanks for sharing and I’ll ‘forget’ what you said :wink:

2 Likes

Never happened…

1 Like

Must be pretty close to full info/demos now? Pretty excited for this. Been 5 or so years since octatrack/op-1 were released. This seems like possibly the next step along that area of hardware evolution (wake up Elektron and TE! :wink: . UI still a concern tho…

From what I’ve seen, I wouldn’t necessarily say the Deluge is a “step up” from the OP1 with its LED display (vs the OP1’s oled screen), or any piece of Elektron gear with its meager two parameters for the synth engine (vs the multitude Elektron gear offers). It’ll all depend on creative workflow and sound for me, I have to see much more before I can even formulate an opinion. I’ve lost interest though. I’ve grown weary of all these teasers that do nothing to inform potential customers of what they are trying to sell, and go on for several months.

Yeah for sure. And I wouldn’t say the OT was the same thing or better than an op-1. They’re different, as is this. But they’re both kind of groundbreaking/unique and I was saying that this looks like it could be the first thing since those samplers that really feels like it does the same. When I say it looks like it’ll be an advancement I’m obviously not talking about the screen or knobs etc. I mean in terms of track count/memory etc and rumoured other features…

P. S. The Deluge gave a ton of info and a rough release date. I wouldn’t compare that to the Analog heat teaser etc. Obviously videos will be good to see but I can live with this kind of teaser campaign…

I want audio

I’m sure you’ll hear/see demos of it before it’s available to be considered to purchase so no problem…

lol I’d sure hope so

8 Likes

Interesting…

The UI on that thing seems really strange and intriguing

Yeah the screen seems almost impossibly minimal considering the speculated functions and file browsing etc. People seem to really dig the novation circuit though so I guess the designers have made it work somehow.
If it turns out that this thing has slicing features on par with push 2 or OT maybe we’ll see android/ios partner app with extended display…

Besides the obvious push/circuit/rytm/ot kind of applications this thing has I’m wondering if the ‘kits’ could be treated as multisampled polyphonic instrument patches? I always wanted a decent groovebox sampler with features that included possibility to be a portable Mellotron + custom sampled instrument bank. Microsampler did it but consumed memory space/banks too fast doing this. Op-1 does it but memory per patch is small. Looks like this thing could possibly be a poor man’s mobile mellotron/kontakt (among many other things…) which I’d def find useful for shows/sofa jams etc…

1 Like

Haven’t been following this one much. Looks interesting.
Will it have a computer editor? Seems like it would need it by the look of the interface?

This looks very nice, could be fantastic if implemented well, keeping an eye on it, good to see small electronics makers raising the bar, and from across the ditch in NZ no less! Well done.

Maybe the pads give numerical info like the circuit or the launchpad pro?