Synthstrom Audible Deluge [inc. Open Source development]

We are planning to stay a few months if we go, … like a second extended family honeymoon (we never had one in the first place :vampire:t2:‍♀️ :vampire:t2:‍♂️)

…so by the time we get back it would be used. Will see, don’t need it really but looks like a great travel music box.

Extreme 1st world issue anyway :umbrella:

1 Like

All in all with taxes and fees it’s probably around 30%. So the Deluge is 987USD including shipping to Denmark. So it’s going to end up costing around 1280USD

If it’s 25% of the price of the Deluge (899USD without shipping) in import taxes how can you only end up paying 900 DKK (Danish currency) extra?

I had about the same experience. I paid about 1,000SeK in taxes, which would make the price of my Deluge around 995USDollars.

When you buy one the guys send you a mail asking you to tell them how much your tax was and they keep a track - so you can mail them and ask how much the taxes were for a country (assuming at least 1 has been bought from that country of course)

Did it go up in price?
Right now it’s 899USD without shipping and 987USD with shipping to Denmark.

No, that sounds about as when I bought it.

Hang on - I forgot about shipping. So yeah, my Deluge was about 995US including taxes + shipping, which was an additional 50 or so.

Yes, I send them a message 3 days ago, but haven’t heard back from them yet. I bet they are swamped after Superbooth and can’t keep up with orders and inquiries.

Ah nice! So it comes with a SD-card? 32Gb or?

No no, that’s something you’d need to get yourself to use Downrush which is third-party software created by a user :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it’s 8 or 16 gigs, not sure what it is currently, I bought my Deluge around a year ago.
Since all of Deluge’s data is xml and is based on saving songs, settings, synth presets, samples and kits to the SD it needs to come with one :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have now heard back from Ian from Synthstrom, and yes that is actually right :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just researched the conditional sequencing of the Deluge. What a layout improvement from the Elektron method! Defaults at 100%- turn left for probabilities, turn right for nth conditions.

Brilliant. I want it

2 Likes

Have mine for a week now. Great device. Sounds kind of weird but I got rid of all my Elektron devices except MD which will stay regardless of other gear.
Great quality, amazing sounds (takes some work to sound amazing in the synth department but totally worth the effort). the workflow is stunning. Even the small display is fun to work with. Much preferred to an oled display with the same amount of information as it doesn’t distract myself from actually listening to what I am dialing in. So all I can say: get yourself one.
PS: the synthstrom team are such lovely guys (Ian) and very helpful with everything.

Dont be afraid to place your order somewhere in middle-earth. The Hobbits will take care of your machine! (tax/custom/duty is ok, too)

8 Likes

I was wondering how is the workflow working with parameters lock ?
For exemple how do you deal with all the other parameters that does not have assigned knobs to them ?
I can see knobs for attack , release , cutoff etc but what about automating custom params for the FM synth for exemple ?
I understand you can assign 3 customs parameters to the 3 buttons labelled custom 1-2-3 but is it per track ?
You have to remember which parameters has been assigned to the custom buttons , is there any visual feedback ?
Also lets say you have a 3 parameter lock on step 2 (for ex filter cutoff, OSC pitch, LFO speed), can you see what are the values for that step for each parameters like in the Elektron machine ?

Thanks in advance for any info !

Even though they are labeled for specific uses, all the parameter slots freely assignable (not just the custom slots). So, you get 16 parameters per preset for live recorded knob twiddlings.

Not all synth/sample parameters are mappable.

2.0.0 beta is out! New analog modeling synth and arranger mode!

Kits can now be configured for midi or cv! This is awesome as it’s now possible to make and save one kit to control ALL external drum machines with one view! Gotta do a monster ND2 + Machinedrum + Rytm + Eurorack control kit!!!

4 Likes

Guys, stop it.
It’s getting hard to resist here.

5 Likes

How do you get the beta?

The Deluge is amazing.