Synthstrom Audible Deluge [inc. Open Source development]

A question for the UK based owners, how much did you pay on top in import duties?

deja vuā€¦

somewhere on another forum this same discussion is happening.
one persons response was Ā£815 inc shipping etc.

so something around that ,depending on exchange rate i guess.

i think deluge bumped up their prices recently as well. someone on gearslutz quoted Ā£810 all included but that was before the price bump.https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpost.php?p=13303017&postcount=345

1 Like

Thanks guys!

My import duties were Ā£106.00

1 Like

How is the sampling/resampling workflow and how easy it is handle this without a screen?

Just ordered one yesterday. Couldnā€™t resist and wait for a second hand unit.
Canā€™t wait to jam in the countryside/forest/seaside with a small battery-powered setup this summer. Still thinking about the best battery-powered speaker system. Maybe Teufel airā€¦
For Germany itā€™s 3.9% + 19% of the items value. Shipping costs are calculated into the value.

1 Like

Iā€™m about there myself. Iā€™m planning on placing an order myself once I finish this program Iā€™m working on! It looks exactly what I wanted it to be from the Electribe but fresher sounding and more direct sound design(not to mention arranging with that thing looks like a dream).

My hope is to be able to develop a workflow with that thing while laying in bed, sequencing all the music- and then probably switch the instrument tracks to midi tracks and opt to redo the song with VSTs.

Definitely keep the forum updated on your experience with it!

Itā€™s very immediate. It doesnā€™t have audio threshold, but you can start and end the sampler either manually, or by sync where it then starts and stops on a perfect beat.

So to get perfect loops is no problem with the Deluge. Trimming is a bit of a chore, though, the display isnā€™t all that, for that purpose. Youā€™re gonna have to trust your ear, if you want perfect cuts and donā€™t sync your sampling for whatever reason.

But all in all, the Deluge has a bunch of short cuts and assumptions on the sampling workflow that really helps, including slicing. Itā€™s rudimentary, but most of the time, thatā€™s all you need. Sample a synced loop. Slice it. The Deluge assigns those slices to individual files, which you can then easily access and map to pads and tracks.

3 Likes

Is it intuitive to copy an instrument track to midi.

Like, say I was to compose on the Deluge, but I want the final product to be softsynths sequenced with the Deluge.

Would this be an easy process?

1 Like

You can freely change track types between kit (drums/samples per row), synth and midi. So yes, you can use synth track with deluge and then change to midi track to sequence a vst later.

2 Likes

Brilliant! Thanks!

Does the Deluge export midi tracks via its SD card?

Thinking along @Ryanā€™s point of view that itā€™d be cool to work away on this then export midi tracks into a daw for vsts rather than sequencing them from the unit.

1 Like

The manual doesnā€™t currently appear to have any export option, so I doubt midi can currently be exported into files

If you have Ableton, I think you should be able to sample each track individually- you can drag those samples into Ableton and convert them to midi tracks?

Perhaps it will get added later?

1 Like

Abletons audio to midi convertor is a little ropey but you do get some surprising results at times. I guess you could sequence midi and live record that over up to 16 tracks after youā€™ve built your sequence/song

1 Like

Is there a crossfade option when looping sample ?

Oh! It looks like you CAN store your songs and information in the SD card! Not just samples/OS updates!

So, Iā€™m also curious how the format of the song/music files is and how you can integrate that in your DAW.

That could be REALLY cool!

@andreasroman from the SD do you have access to the midi files from the SD and can you use that midi data in your DAW?

1 Like

Most likely. The Deluge is based around an xml-structure, and all files I ever used were right there, even editable in a text editor.

But I never used midi files, so I canā€™t say for sure.

1 Like

Tu be fair, they seem like the sort of guys that would implement something like this if it isnā€™t present and was requested!

Must. Resist. GAS.

1 Like

I had a couple of impulse waves to say ā€œto hell with itā€ and ordered one.

Need a better job first. Damn having credit- temptation is always applicable!

6 Likes