Synthstrom Audible Deluge [inc. Open Source development]

You know what? If you’re enjoying ITB right now, the Deluge won’t bring you out of it. And that’s a good thing. One of the most impressive things about the Deluge is that it really is a complete production environment, with an extremely clever workflow for the purpose. But while it’s not exclusively for those need to stay away from a computer at all costs, it is a bit like the OP-1 - “I love hardware so much I’m prepared to put up with all kinds of shit, just because I love hardware so much.”

That bill fits me fine. But for anyone who’s enjoying their time in the box - which, to be honest, is the cool place to be these days, since thinking outside the box has become so normal, being inside the box is the new outside (but we’re not telling the hipsters that just yet, it’d make them too anxious) - the Deluge might not offer anything that a solid controller and a computer won’t.

And we’re still waiting for Novation to take their grid groovebox concept to the next level. The Circuit, as grid groove boxes go, is still my favourite when it comes to workflow.

4 Likes

dang just reading up on the deluge and definitely getting some serious gas…I just have too many toys right now to make it a realistic purchase (still learning the ins and outs of the Digitone/Digitakt combo). Definitely on my radar now though…

To help with the gas. Big update coming!

7 Likes

I’m impressed with their updates , it seems like a powerful box which keeps getting better

and it is already a real asset.
I enjoy it every day.

Awesome update, can´t wait!

I have to say, I wasn’t initially impressed on launch but the demos out there and the dogma with which the programmer works has made this a must have at some point in the future.

Sounds decent too

Guys silly question but…

On their website you have the option to order with the shortcuts printed on the machine or shipped with the magnetic labels…

Anyone have images of what these look like in the flesh? What do you prefer?

I got the shortcut printed on the enclosure. I can’t imagine not having them. The shorcuts are the reason the Deluge works so well with that limited screen IMO.

1 Like

Cannot see a reason why to select without already printed shortcuts.

indeed, im just wondering as they offer both options on their website so I’m guessing there must be folks out there that prefer the magnetic overlay

There are always those who enjoy hurting themselves. That option is for them.

1 Like

Seems like they could change or more possible add shortcuts in the future, hence the magnetic overlay…
It could be replaced with a modified one later if they do that…
You could still toss one over your printed unit if that happens though.

6 Likes

There’s a bunch of no label buttons on the Dellie, and Rohan’s always up to his tricks. You might be right, Mister Mike, you just might be right.

1 Like

EDIT : All has been said by Open_Mike above…

1 Like

Wow! Amazing stuff and looks like it doesn’t have that stupid problems with tuning like Analog Rytm

Here’s a little thing I just finished. I was meaning to explore Deluge vast boundaries. This is basically a single drum track that I expanded both horizontally (144 bars long) and vertically, adding samples to the kit as I needed them. Some modular sampling thrown in. It’s all done and mixed on the Deluge, then added some garnish with external analog compression and mastering tools in DAW.
Programming drums on this thing is so much fun😁

4 Likes

…and a video…

6 Likes

Ordered mine over the weekend…supposed to arrive tomorrow. Can’t wait to start learning this machine! Although I still have 4 other machines I need to learn…haha

2 Likes

Check out the Superbooth announcement. Apparently, Synthstrom has applied a new design to track structure, which some felt was the Deluge’s weakest points.

I’d say the implementation of track structure was a bit fiddly, but the idea behind it and the potential, massive. Given Rohan’s other updates, I’m pretty sure he’s gonna nail it this time.