Synthstrom Audible Deluge [inc. Open Source development]

Well said.

Wow. I didnā€™t know about the editor or wifi sd cards. Iā€™ll have to check one of those cards out.

Iā€™m not on FB and the forum is pretty slow.

Yeah right now the editor/ FlashAir card stuff is goin on on FB :slight_smile:

I found several generations of the Toshiba FlashAir. Is there one known to work best with the Deluge?

From the Github install instructions:
Get a Toshiba FlashAir card. Make sure it is a W-03 or W-04 (this code appears on the SD card label just below the FlashAir title on the right).

3 Likes

Sorry I donā€™t have anything interesting to say, Iā€™m just posting to say how much Iā€™m enjoying the Deluge. Iā€™ve had it for 5 days and itā€™s been fantastic. I thought I was gonna feel this way about the Digitakt, but I just couldnā€™t gel with that machine. So glad I tried the Deluge. It reminds me of my old Korg Electribe ES-1, but like 500 times better!

3 Likes

Seems Like I am also now cured! Iā€™ve been debating this for far too long. Iā€™ve joined the Cirklon waiting list!

2 Likes

I think it is a good time to point out that the deluge is a very very good alternative to elektron stuffā€¦

the current beta runs stable and can now do probability on all sequence tracks, internal and midi and kits and cvā€¦
And there is copy and paste and not only in the same resolution but also with the ability to put for example 16th notes into a 64th resolutionā€¦

This guy rohan is doing an incredible work on a complex machine and keeps adding features like a derwishā€¦
Giving its price point and the steady flow of stable updates is putting a lot of manufacturers to shameā€¦

The fun part is, that the choice of an antique interface (a bit like mirage on steroids) is a good choiceā€¦ so no need for criticism thereā€¦

This piece of hardware gets far too less attention! Canā€™t praise it enough. Money well spent.

7 Likes

While I no longer have the Dellie, I agree with @faktoid - the Deluge is in a league of its own and as far as development goes, Rohan Hill just makes the rest of them look silly.

5 Likes

Like this! Makes me want to ride mortorcyles very fast on fresh blacktop and do low fast turns

2 Likes

Iā€™m still not entirely convinced that the deluge has a good resonant LPF Iā€™d love to see/hear someone doing resonant and non resonant filter sweeps on it. Maybe its just not really built to be preformed that way? I guess I am still unsure it fits the criteria of something I want down the line. I see why others like it for sure but a good filter is one of my big gotta have that in my synths type things.

1 Like

Ask and you shall receive!

There are a few effects and things added, all internal to the Deluge, no external processing whatsoever. There are definitely a few times where I drifted outside the sweet spot but you should get a feel for where itā€™s happy place is.

8 Likes

FML, I might want one nowā€¦

and it canā€™t be mentioned often enough:

The deluge comes with a replaceable and rechargeable battery and that lasts for about 10 hoursā€¦
right now I do only have it connected via usb for loading and midi purposes and it works just fineā€¦

I was astonished how small but usable and lightweight it isā€¦ well built too.

1 Like

Well, definitely more interested in it now hahaā€¦ although listening to this turned into me playing my digitakt until 2am so maybe I am better off with less devices so I can actually get a chance to sleep.

1 Like

Iā€™m interested in something batttery powered I can take with me on business trips - currently using I pad apps but have been pondering op1 or deluge. Would appreciate feedback on advantages of going hardware route - have a bunch of studio stuff so see the travel gear as food for the studio. Cheers in advance

well, hardware means direct tactile feedback and one interface.

while an ipad and its apps means a lot of cluttered interfacesā€¦
of course this can lead to great results, look at perplex on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKQiAGlA4Ts
I really like his music and he as a deep understanding of doing ipad music.

I like the direct approach of turning on the deluge and dive into itā€¦
buttons and almost no display and every function available on the fingerā€¦

2 Likes

That wireless sd card stuff is an awesome concept. Never eould have thought that that would be even possible.

And I second that itā€™s great that Deluge is battery powered - so easy to grab it from the studio and jam with headphones at home or cottage. The built in speaker is quite hideous, though.

This would be my desert island synth.

3 Likes

Hey Iā€™ll chime in because I use an iPad and an OP1 to make music every day!

OP 1 is good to just let go and make a track happen. Its advantages are its streamlined workflow and that I wind up with finished songs with it.