Synthstrom Audible Deluge [inc. Open Source development]

congratulation with your new baby! Have fun and enjoy!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Enjoy the Deluge, and it was a pleasure meeting you. You know where to find me if you need advise on this brilliant piece of kit.

Likewise, and i will - thanks!

2 Likes

What do you guys use to protect the D when travelling? I would really like to get my hands om some kind of rugged protective case / bag, to secure and protect the device from damage/theft/moisture, dust, grime, dirt, and so onā€¦

If the case can be adapted to an exact fit, even better.

A plus if the case can be permanent, i.e. the deluge stays in the case and the lid just goes off, and then the whole setup is ready for the studio/gig or something like thatā€¦ ?

So spill the beans guys Ā“n gals, let your secret out in the open!

Gonna give the deluge a spin. My first bit of new gear in a while.

1 Like

Did you find one yet mbang? Clas ohlson has some good shit

Hey @Icoustik, still lookingā€¦ Yeah i will check ClasO, always a good place to startā€¦ Did check their online shop but found only a too large alu service case but i will do some more looking. However after some searching i found this (a lot of more sizes available) that looks niceā€¦ Maybe too slim though, but customizable foam interior: https://customcases.se/lightcase-pb-2-with-foam-320x230x105mm.html

I think i will step up one size so i can make some space for cables aswell. Even better to step up some more and be able to fit another unit, like my analog rytm aswell?! :grinning:

Enjoying the Deluge quite a bit, 10 days in. I put together a cheat sheet of commands, https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dE-cANo6D6Lxo65GvPnndaVPBeItEfsf

It sounds quite nice to my ears and so far I like the workflow.

1 Like

I impulsively ordered one of these last night. I was all ready to order a Squarp Pyramid again to sequence my Virus TI2, but ultimately felt more compelled by the Delugeā€™s approach to it after watching several videos.

Iā€™m hoping I really like the FX and synth engines as well; itā€™s great that it can work with stereo samples. Iā€™m a big fan of the sidechain compression it offers. This is really a great feature that more devs should be implementing into their products. It is such a convenience to have integrated into the machine itself rather than buying an additional compressor, mixer, etc.

Lately I have been diving into the deluge ā€¦
I was looking for an external sequencer that would give me some options only ableton gave me so far.
And that is where the deluge shines inmho.
Creating variations of sequences is a big advantage and somehow I need the visual representation to not ā€œloose trackā€
Also the scope into higher resolutions and triplet view are what I was looking forā€¦ Very well thought outā€¦

Processing external audio into a track with p locks is great as well. I like getting experimental and it feels fresh to do it another way as with the OT.

Building a CV track and have that sync a PO-32 is just great and simpleā€¦

I think the built in synth can do a lot of good sounds but I just donā€™t like that shortcut thing as I am afraid it will take a long time to grow on meā€¦ Which leads to the question if there are

a) patches to download available
b) plans for an editor?

have a nice day
f.

I havenā€™t found any preset banks available yet and havenā€™t dug in with sound design using its synth engine. I am hoping they end up using the 8*16 grid for navigating the menus with each row as a parameter or directory after entering the sound editor. Visual feedback of values and modulation routings, along with the structure of the tree could be very helpful.

1 Like

what I would really like to accomplish is
taking a external synth drone and sample it in, for example 16 steps long and then
use it as a OSC voice of the synth.
And put some sidechain on it and other effectsā€¦
That would do it for meā€¦
I wonder if this is possible and if yes, than how :slight_smile:

It is.

Sample it.

Assign the sample as your sound source, instead of a VA oscillator.

And bring it to town.

1 Like

Internal speaker ? seriously?

The TE OP-1 has an internal speaker as well. Itā€™s there, but you donā€™t have to use it.

even a lousy speaker is better than noneā€¦
what is your point?
:slight_smile:

It confuses me as to what sort of user this is aimed at. I get the Volcas and Roland boutiques having a speaker because theyā€™re basically toys for people with minimal studio gearā€¦ The OP1ā€™s style is clearly inspired by the old Casio mini keyboardsā€¦ but I canā€™t imagine anyone even half serious using tiny internal speakers - if they wanted to doodle outside the studio theyā€™d use headphonesā€¦ The speaker here is just unnecessary, IMO.

I think a speaker isnā€™t the item to judge aboutā€¦
look at all the other featuresā€¦

a speaker is a one buck itemā€¦ so nothing much lost here and there might be situations when the speaker comes handyā€¦
I whish my microgranny had a speaker ā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess I have a chip on my shoulder about the direction Korg and Roland have taken and anything with a built-in speaker annoys me now :tired_face: Anyway, on a more serious note, at this price point it would have been nice to see more of a display for such a machine.