Synthstrom Audible Deluge [inc. Open Source development]

3 Likes

Been binging on this the past couple weeks. So good.

2 Likes

Bojack Horseman?

1 Like

Right, whatā€™s the post-honeymoon feedback on this piece ?

Judging by the vibe on the Facebook group, it seems those who have one, love it. And the next wave of demos are starting to sound really good.

And the developerā€™s awesome. He just implemented sample streaming from the SD-card, so now itā€™s approaching Octatrack territory and the 64MB memory limit really makes very little difference now. It also seems like sampling just became automatic by trigger, so now you can make perfect loops as well.

And it runs on rechargable batteries.

Iā€™m so looking forward to mine.

6 Likes

I canā€™t believe these are still in the demo phase. They wonā€™t be able to keep up with the demand once they get to the final production. Such a great concept and the changes from what it initially started out as to what it is now and the ongoing development of Deluge is just amazing! Sd card streaming is a big step. I wonder if that means sample to sd and playback simultaneously could be achieved. I kinda though SD isnā€™t capable of that. Kind of like how Octatrack stuck with cf cards besides ease of transferring mk1 to MK2.

Having just received a sizeable tax rebate Iā€™ve got to say my interest in this one has piqued again!

Need to hear more of the synth engine. A few of the early demos sounded a bit shit but got an all in one groove box type thing it looks to be covering the bases very well.

Iā€™ll post demos when I get mine. I get a Yamaha CS-vibe from it, and Iā€™m hoping itā€™s a matter of knowing its character and work from there. Low end seems solid, hereā€™s my favourite demo so far, this guy has really taken the Deluge to heart:

8 Likes

Best demo Iā€™ve heard so far. Makes me interestedā€¦

1 Like

Mineā€™s shipped! Now weā€™re cooking.

Literally. Iā€™m cooking dinner for the family right now. So we really are cooking.

6 Likes

That last demoā€¦ make me want oneā€¦

And itā€™s here.

14 Likes

Let me know what do you think once youā€™ve had some time with her!

1 Like

I willšŸ˜ŠI can already say that itā€™s a strange beast, not really like anything Iā€™ve tried before. The entire interface feels very next level.

Yes, itā€™s on the next level, Iā€™d say! Itā€™s early days for Deluge, but you can already see that there is a really solid user interface platform for the future! Itā€™s also mostly super intuitive and once muscle memory sets in, itā€™s really convenient to use!

1 Like

Congrats man! I sincerely hope youā€™ve finally found ā€œthe oneā€ for your needs

1 Like

Since Iā€™m known to evangelise new gear whenever I get my hands on it, Iā€™ll hold the superlatives until Iā€™ve gotten to know the Deluge better.

In a way, it feels in spirit like an OP-1. Different, coming from an unexpected direction (as the OP-1 did back then), but very much a considered product and built to sustain a complete production environment on its own. In terms of interface, itā€™s closer to the monome than anything else.

Iā€™ll say this, though. The customer service and the developer behind it, theyā€™re world class. The only thing boutique about the Deluge, is the size of the company behind it. In terms of sheer professionalism and quality, theyā€™re right up there with the best.

Hereā€™s a picture of it, resting with some of its new friends.

6 Likes

sorry to say but that is an odd place for a musical instrumentā€¦
make music!

1 Like

Not so odd, when youā€™re not using it. Itā€™s that portable. And I live in a tight space with three kids. So these things matter. To me.

On that shelf, itā€™s less than ten seconds away from me reaching it, sitting down somewhere, turning it on and making music. No cords needed, it runs on rechargeable batteries.

3 Likes

Mines arrived todayā€¦

I bought on Gas impulse and Iā€™m not too sure whether to keep it. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ā€˜earnedā€™ the acquisition of another piece of gear, as I still havenā€™t yet fully got to grips with my purchases of A4 and OT in the past year!

1 Like