Synthstrom Audible Deluge [inc. Open Source development]

It’s funny. Everything (almost) I wanted a sampler to be, is the Digitakt now. And the Deluge is everything I wanted a groove box to be. They’re arriving more or less at the same time.

If someone releases a keyboard-based workstation about the size of the Reface CS, and with the same keybed quality and such, all my boxes are ticked.

1 Like

Happy shopper :slight_smile:

Nope, no more shopping. While the Deluge is awesome and ticks the groove box boxes for me, I don’t want it right now. The Digitakt’s plenty.

That’s kind of what I meant :wink: Can tell you’re in love with it, glad it worked out for you, congrats :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes. Like.

I’d like to see what some left field companies can come up with as a weird take on workstation / rompler hardware.

2 Likes

Just placed an order for one now, and returning the Digitakt.

4 Likes

Looking forward to your opinion of it, seems like a pretty powerful device.

Sure does. I’ll do one of my soft velour vibe reviews of it, once I have it.

I wanna point out that I fully support and endorse the Digitakt and Elektron. My decision is more from a practical point of view. It remains unstable. Currently, that doesn’t work for me. Once it’s stable, I’m on board again, when I have the funds for one.

Yes, I am onto the digitakt too but with owning the OT, not sure I really need it. I can afford to wait see how it will pan out.

Having had an OT for years, and just recently switched to the Digitakt, I’d say that owning both doesn’t make a lot of sense. Yes, they’re very different, and the one doesn’t really replace the other. It’s just a matter of how you prefer to approach samplers.

But having both, they still overlap to a great extent that I think a lot of the point with the Digitakt would get lost. For me, its convenience and immediacy as well as slightly more focused approach, triggers other things within me and thus, makes it more appropriate.

But if I’d have both, that convenience would be lost since I’d still be in Octatrack land. And I really liked that land. So if I’d decided to be there, or go back there, there’s nothing the DT would do that I’d felt was strong enough to keep both.

The main differentiator is the DT’s convenience and all that comes with it. Not the features. Pair it with the OT, and you’d get a massive overlap of features and lose the convenience. Sure, it has a different sound. But it’s not that different. And it’s not like the OT sounds bad. It sounds bloody great.

Obviously, to each his own. But if you have an OT and like the OT and prefer the OT over the Digitakt, but could see points in having both anyway, then maybe I’d say, think twice about that.

Not that you actually asked :slight_smile: but here I go again, anyway.

3 Likes

:slight_smile: Guess most obvious reason to own both is just plain ol’ ‘more voices/tracks’… I run out of OT tracks often… Especially when using neighbour/thru/8 as master etc.

• having conditional trigs on OT via DT midi tracks would be pretty sweet too. + the DT granular stuff… +OT arpeggio in to DT etc… Lots of ‘to and fro’ stuff to experiment with :slight_smile:

Possibly overkill/laziness but it would kill off a bunch of current workarounds (resampling bounced tracks etc = not always the ideal option but sometimes it’s the only one…)… Convenience/speed’s pretty important to me atm :wink: Probably grab a DT around winter time…

Edit - good luck with the Deluge! Looks great :slight_smile: Another one on my ‘maybe one day…’ list…

Yes I agree, I found a good deal on the Heat so went with that. I wont be purchasing anything else for a long time now, I have everything covered.

1 Like

Enjoy your icing!

1 Like

Id love a Deluge but for me id either be using digitakt or deluge, and i already have DT now so from my vast experience of having too much gear in the past and most of it just sitting there causing me great emotional stress Im gonna hold off :stuck_out_tongue:
Im not discounting the idea of 2 digitakts in the future, one for rhythm and one for melodic stuff. that could be sweet as a nut. I get the feeling a few more audio tracks would be very welcome with the DT.

But for now, its 1 DT n a couple of peripheral synths & loAds of pedals. woop :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Agree. The Digi is out, the Deluge is in, for me. Focus and funds are good forces to follow :blush:

2 Likes

Any Deluge users here want to share their experience so far?

1 Like

I still love it! Have had too busy summer so I haven’t been too productive, but it’s great. Workflow is so quick and inspirational, synth side is better than I thought. Samples need a few bug fixes and feature additions to shine properly, but the team is active and listens to the community. Sequencing anything via midi is a dream, worth the price alone.

3 Likes

Man, that sounds great. I’ve heard a few evangelists say it’s the groove box to end them all. With sample streaming from the SD card now in beta, it’s definitely getting close.

1 Like

Predictions for the Circuit reveal? I very much respect how Novation have continually added to the device, let me also say that they are the Gold Standard for customer service in this business, they have actually gone to bat for me more than once, can’t say enough nice things about the company.

About this Deluge…meh…do they have any idea how many things the average GAS sufferer has that does EXACTLY what this does? Double “Meh” It doesn’t SOUND like anything special, and I certainly don’t need ANOTHER box to do the same thing as a bunch of other boxes I have and aren’t using enough…it sequences external gear…woopee…It seems when people hear that, it’s like they’ve forgotten EVERYTHING released since 1983 does exactly that…seriously? Who Cares? Are you going to start sequencing your sequencers to trigger your IPAD? Borring

I might have been interested if there was enough sample time to record an entire vocal, that would have made it a great song writing tool…at $299…at 700+ than $1400? Who are they kidding with that price?

8 posts were split to a new topic: Pointless posts on Deluge Sampler