Aww :slight_smile: thanks, man.

1 Like

@ Callofthevoid

"Timestrechā€¦ Can you set a sample to timestrech when using it as a
polyphonic sample? Ie if you sampled a piano note and play it
chromatically is there an option so every note in a chord runs the same
length? "

You should suggest this idea to Synthstrom

Tbh without an ios/Android app I donā€™t think I could deal with the UI. Like someone else compared it an Sp404 screen. I even have difficulty keeping track of whatā€™s on pads on my 404!Imagine having gigabytes of samples and the huge deluge playing field and that same 404 style screen :confused: would be like using push with a casio watch screen :wink:

I was hoping the dev had figured out some genius way to sidestep the screen limitation for browsing/naming etc but it looks painful.

If they do an app/some kind of screen expansion Iā€™ll get interested again and see what shape the OS is in by then. Theyā€™ll probably add the timestrech etc in meantime if itā€™s not there alreadyā€¦

2 Likes

https://global.novationmusic.com/the-evolution-of-circuit

If you guys check really close - the 10th distorted image - that will appear on the 30th of october. It shows 2 ā€œmachinesā€ with human legs that will get together. One looks like a novation launchpad, and one looks like the circuit, getting together.
Also if you check the 8th image, there is a text that says something like : super reboot. anyways weā€™ll see

edit : I think it wonā€™t be called Circuit Pro. Maybe Circuit +

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I was thinking. A countdown slow-reveal based around the Circuit definitely seems to be hinting to that.

Poor Deluge

And I swear that last image seems to say ā€œCircuit Proā€

I donā€™t own the current Circuit, but Iā€™d be very interested in the Pro

1 Like

made this with the circuit - brought me many youtube views. almost 20k

3 Likes

Congrats, man!

I canā€™t watch it per YouTube restrictions where Iā€™m at, but I bet itā€™s cool!

The price seems right tho! But the sound design options and the demo sounds just arenā€™t doing it for me!

Yeah, I can see that too, and I noticed it before I read your post, so I donā€™t think you influenced my perception.

Easy now

it means super booth.

and i think the last image says clearly circuit pro. three letters under circuit.

ā€œCircuit YESā€

ā€œCircuit YAYā€

ā€œCircuit BAEā€

1 Like

How can Elektron sell Rytm for full price? How can DSI sell Tempest for $2000 (and still have it be buggy for years)? Hell - in Eurorack world you can spend $1200 dollars for just a (high end) oscillator and sequencer.

How did Elektron ever sell Machinedrum MK1 against Korgā€™s first Electribes?

Come on, more diversity from small and new companies should be celebrated! Without that, there would be no Elektron or Teenage Engineering. They just need to hire Cenk to do some proper intro videos (his Machinedrum and Monomachine demo/workflow videos were instrumental in helping me buy and understand those instruments). I hope they can do some good tight 8-10 minute demo videos.

I like what Iā€™ve heard of the FM engine. Seems similar to Monomachine, which is a style I really like. And the Deluge is portable (or at least can run on rechargeable battery). This whole summer Iā€™ve wanted to just take my Monomachine out on the patio without power cords or trying to find a portable battery solution. This could be what Iā€™m looking for in that worldā€¦

Still, Iā€™m looking to hear and see more. But Iā€™d rather see and hear something like this than another stupid Roland clone or some other ā€œhey kids, you remember the 80s, right?ā€ synth.

7 Likes

Hell, just one year ago, Monomachine and Machinedrum were both still listed ā€˜newā€™ in the same price range as the full Deluge price.

From what Iā€™m hearing, you can do more with those sounds than you can with the Deluge. The initial phase of the MD(which wasnā€™t Elektronā€™s first unit) still focused on providing one function and executing that excellently.

Iā€™m all for celebrating new gear companies doing new things, but bottom-line is the product and cost. Iā€™m still saying the initial gear shouldnā€™t have put so much on itā€™s plate so when it could be released it could actually be cutting edge.

Start small, and work your way up to the bigger missions when those mountains are easier to move

Agreed. Deluge looks great and the price is pretty close to fair compared to other gear out there. My AK is in front of me right now tho and thatā€™s about as minimal as I can deal with for screen info/menu diving. Deluge will hopefully appeal to other people tho and get enough sales to keep the guy developing new hardware tho. Refreshing to see something risky/forward thinking appear. Just wish heā€™d added another Ā£50 to the price and put a Push screen on it! Guessing maybe to do with battery life? Canā€™t imagine any other reasonā€¦ Very weird decision. Good luck to them tho, impressive box.

Comparing the Deluge to the MnM or MD is not fair to the Deluge. The silver boxes are forever classics and the Deluge still has a lot to prove. The critical flaw for me with the Deluge is the lack of audio outs. Maybe the Deluge has an excellent mixer and eq inside IDK, even if it does all the menu diving looks tedious at best.

MD and MnM are classics now but when they first came out, Iā€™m sure there was the same amount of skepticism - who is this new company? why are they making a drum machine these days when we can do it all in a plug-in in a computer (the opening lines of the Sound On Sound review of original :elmd: were along this line). And they got years of updates that someone like me who came in very very late to the game gets to take huge advantage of.

I just donā€™t want to bury someone else coming into this space. I like these kind of boxes, I want to see more of them! Yes, it has a lot to prove, but Iā€™m happy that things like this and the ST4 are being made.

2 Likes

sorry (to whoever) but I find this comparison pretty laughable. The MD and MM were far, far more capable and intriguing in every possible way - when comparing them at the time of their release so many years ago, to the deluge being released today.

2 Likes